• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

I’m fine with bigger crowds even if it comes along with more opposing fans. Parking especially feels like a gigantic fuck you to anybody coming in for just a game or two.

Any suggestions for growing the fan base?

Win.

How did I not know that Aguayo almost certainly killed a fraternity’s pet turtle? Dude seems like a real dick.

I thought it was funny that their 2 pt conversion attempt got a penalty for two forward passes. I’m pretty sure it was drawn up as a trick play, although maybe I’m misremembering. If that’s the case, then the coach just gave them no chance at all because he didn’t know the rule...

Just watched the replay and penalty was a bad call. Blackburn HANDED ball forward to orbiting WR who spun to pass. Not a 2 forward pass play either in design or execution.

That was their second one, they called their first for some reason during our weak drive on 3rd and 6 with 10 mins to go. I was at game so didn't know if clock was running down on the 50 yds fg. If not really wasted TO

To avoid 12 men on field penalty per Taggert in postgame presser.

Are our prices any different from other ACC teams? Why doesn’t that matter for their fans? Cheaper tickets would be great, but I’m not sure they fix the problem. Just makes it easier for visiting fans.
Our season ticket prices are a steal. I didnt renew my tickets this year because I refuse to give the athletics dept any money after retaining Manning. When I bought them last year, they were $150 each for great seats and a family parking pass was $75. That's way lower than other schools.

Will someone please get Clawson a hypnotist before the State game? He's 0-7 after a bye. We need to try something to get a win.

I don’t think there much to that. We seem to do well with the time off before bowl games.

I know you are joking. Just responding to the idea. That said, we should always be looking for better ways

Just watched the replay and penalty was a bad call. Blackburn HANDED ball forward to orbiting WR who spun to pass. Not a 2 forward pass play either in design or execution.

It was a stupid decision to kick the FG. Your team is able to move the ball well and has IMO at least a good of a chance of converting the first down as kicking the FG.

This isn’t exactly rocket science: put both Carney and Hinton in the backfield, one as a wingback or both potential wildcat runners. Since Hinton can pass, the defense can’t totally focus on the run.

So, just move Hinton back to QB?

I’m fine with bigger crowds even if it comes along with more opposing fans. Parking especially feels like a gigantic fuck you to anybody coming in for just a game or two.

Any suggestions for growing the fan base?

I don’t understand your issue with parking. We may have more pass parking available than almost any school in the conference. Most road games I’ve been to it’s really hard to find parking at all. We are a relatively urban campus without a ton of real estate for single game parking. What price point would you expect?

You grow the fanbase by winning. It’s how all these other programs did it. You aren’t going to convince a state fan to root for wake by making it cheaper for them to see state in Winston Salem than Raleigh. duke basketball is probably a good example of a school who grew a fanbase beyond their alumni base. They didn’t do it by cameron indoor being a bargain.

I don’t understand your issue with parking. We may have more pass parking available than almost any school in the conference. Most road games I’ve been to it’s really hard to find parking at all. We are a relatively urban campus without a ton of real estate for single game parking. What price point would you expect?

Parking at the coliseum was $8-10 in past years. It was $20 on Saturday. That is where people will park if they come for a single game. It’s a pretty big lot too.

I don’t understand your opposition to any initiatives to grow the gameday crowd while we are building a winning program. Chalking it up to just winning is simplistic and pretty obvious. But we should be able to grow the crowd now, instead of waiting years and years for the winning to attract more fans.

So how to make parking better?

Just less expensive?

We’ve had season tickets probably 12 out of last 13 years. Early on with no parking pass and gradually migrated to blue lot for last 8-9 seasons we bought tickets. Only real difficulty with parking over that time was when I had no pass and the fair was going. Otherwise parking has not been a problem.

$20 at the Joel is sorta highway robbery. it's not like it's some new deck they have to pay for, just charge $5 and call it a day.

So how to make parking better?

Just less expensive?

We’ve had season tickets probably 12 out of last 13 years. Early on with no parking pass and gradually migrated to blue lot for last 8-9 seasons we bought tickets. Only real difficulty with parking over that time was when I had no pass and the fair was going. Otherwise parking has not been a problem.

Of course parking is not a problem if you are getting a blue lot pass. The point is that for people coming to single games, like families who might want to come to more games in the future, it’s hard for them to do it without spending a ton of money

Back