• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU Game Time - 7:30 ACCN

speaking of sound off...who brought the vuvuzela to the game? or what the hell was that horn in the first half?

and please tell me someone ripped it out of the user's hands and shoved it up his arse

Can anyone answer if we are filling up the Joel lot on game days? If it’s empty, then that’s a problem. My hunch is that it’s full more often than not.

I don’t think we have very good fans in general. I think we have some really passionate fans, but for the reasons outlined above (small school, not local alumni base, etc.) we don’t have enough to overcome that a majority of Wake alums just don’t really care about sports. We bitch about the student section every year. Who do you think makes up the alumni base? The same students that we complain about.

I would add that the biggest barrier to the local community being wake fans isn’t the cost of tickets which are at worst comparable to our peers. It’s the cost of tuition and the elitism perceived about Wake. It’s an expensive private school with a student body from all over the country literally gated off of Winston-Salem. The students get the hell out of town almost immediately. How many alums on this board alone live within an hour of campus?

It’s pretty easy to point the finger at Wellman, [Redacted], or Manning for why we have a bad fanbase, but my hunch is that those problems existed before all those folks. Have we ever consistently filled BB&T Field?

Joel lot rarely fills up for football games. Or basketball games for that matter.

Are you people still discussing why no one showed up for a night game between two unranked opponents in a cold rain ?

Wake has two problems regarding football attendance. 1. We are the smallest P5 school, by a lot. 2. We have the lowest P5 winning percentage all time, by a lot.

With that said, we are doing way better than Duke and BC in regards to actual football attendance. And, the game against State will be sold out (with not as many State fans as usual).

I do wish our tailgating fans would get into the game prior to kickoff. We are bush league compared to most good fan bases in that regard, especially now that beer (with a great selection) is sold in the stadium.

Security/WS Police used to run a dragnet in the 80's kicking everyone in the parking lots INTO the game around game time.

The ACCN has 4:30 media timeouts if I'm not mistaken which is what drives those games to take absolutely forever.

speaking of sound off...who brought the vuvuzela to the game? or what the hell was that horn in the first half?

and please tell me someone ripped it out of the user's hands and shoved it up his arse

Yes that was unbearable. It ripped into the bass/treble of the sound too which made the audio almost vibrate. I muted it several times in the first quarter.

The ACCN has 4:30 media timeouts if I'm not mistaken which is what drives those games to take absolutely forever.

when the guy with the clock comes on the field I wanna say it's like 2:40 or 2:20 or something. don't recall anything longer than 3 minutes.

That’s good to know. Haven’t made it down to Winston for a game yet this year. I’ll try to remember to record the time this week

If they aren't entertained? A 2 point game at halftime isn't entertaining? I mean yes the weather sucked in the 2nd half, but the game was entertaining.

I'll admit I briefly thought about leaving after the 3rd Q. By that time, despite plenty of rain gear, I was soaked and getting cold. Glad I stuck it out.

IMO, given the forecast, was surprised the students turned out and a hearty 200-250 stayed to the end. Also the attendance was better than I expected.

BTW, KUDOS to the band ! They did a great job throughout a miserable weather night.

Saw it mentioned here earlier....$20 to park at Joel is too much.

Akers....geezes what a player. We hit him hard multiple times and he just seems to always fall forward on second effort.

Yea echo the red zone play calls....and at the very least, Carney MUST be in the game down there.

Injuries - how bad on Strnad ? Bassey just get the wind knocked out ? Reminded me of Dortch last year.

Anyone know why Bothroyd seemed out the whole first Q ?

Greer is a heat seeking missle !

Oh yea, don't ever think about as a last resort spending a couple nights at the Rodeway Inn on Patterson St. !!!

I'll admit I briefly thought about leaving after the 3rd Q. By that time, despite plenty of rain gear, I was soaked and getting cold. Glad I stuck it out.

IMO, given the forecast, was surprised the students turned out and a hearty 200-250 stayed to the end. Also the attendance was better than I expected.

BTW, KUDOS to the band ! They did a great job throughout a miserable weather night.

Akers....geezes what a player. We hit him hard multiple times and he just seems to always fall forward on second effort.

Yea echo the red zone play calls....and at the very least, Carney MUST be in the game down there.

Injuries - how bad on Strnad ? Bassey just get the wind knocked out ? Reminded me of Dortch last year.

Oh yea, don't ever think about as a last resort spending a couple nights at the Rodeway Inn on Patterson St. !!!
Rodeway Inn!?

We used to call that place "The Lost Kidney Hotel!"

when the guy with the clock comes on the field I wanna say it's like 2:40 or 2:20 or something. don't recall anything longer than 3 minutes.

There were at least a few Saturday night that started at 3:30.

ha, no way dude. you officially have more street cred than anyone here. That place is a murder house

Projex and My Pillow ads feel like they’re 4 minutes.

I always love the reviews of hotels like that when people are acting like they are checking into a Marriott.

We stayed at the Super 8 Charlotte Airport before our Colorado trip this summer because everything else was booked. it was a @#$%hole also. I guess my years of touring with the GD has desensitized me.

So how to make parking better?

Just less expensive?

We’ve had season tickets probably 12 out of last 13 years. Early on with no parking pass and gradually migrated to blue lot for last 8-9 seasons we bought tickets. Only real difficulty with parking over that time was when I had no pass and the fair was going. Otherwise parking has not been a problem.
My problem with parking is that we don't have assigned spots and then sell parking to people without passes. That's really annoying when you pay $75 for a season pass and then end up parking in the back of the lot when you get to the game late.

Back