• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU QB on Sat?

trickett playing really is good news if it turns out to be true IMO. he's a better traditional QB than manuel, but i think not having that dual threat will be easier on the D, as many have said.

playing against the triple option and playing against wilson in recent history has been kind of challenging to our D in recent years, and a more conventional threat should be more along the lines of what our D is used to seeing.

I tend to agree and rather face Trickett than EJ. However, defense of the past has made just average (below average?) pure pocket passers look like Peyton Manning (IE. Kyle Wright and Sean Glennon). Those were obviously past seasons and I certainly hope that doesn't happen tomorrow...but I won't be surprised.

If Oklahoma and Clemson were unable to take him out while he was taking their best shot, I don't see him leaving this game unless he plays just very badly. Especially with our weak pass rush.

Rettig would disagree with you. That poor kid got lit up. He still played, but I am sure he is still icing himself after that game.

We should be able to confuse the Oline with our multiple looks and tee off on Trickett. He is 175 soaking wet. He won't be able to take too many hits from Mr. Wilbur.

If Trickett does start, it was really a bush league move of Jimbo Fisher to trot EJ out there for his press conference and say that he was playing Saturday. Not terribly unexpected, but definitely underhanded and low class.

Rettig would disagree with you. That poor kid got lit up. He still played, but I am sure he is still icing himself after that game.

We should be able to confuse the Oline with our multiple looks and tee off on Trickett. He is 175 soaking wet. He won't be able to take too many hits from Mr. Wilbur.

I agree, what pressure the D got on Rettig was decent and he got knocked around however the blitzing from the safeties left a lot to be desired. I really want the defense to get pressure on Trickett early and often and hit him hard. There is no way we can let Trickett sit back in the pocket without some type pressure otherwise if we don't, it's going to be a long day.

If Trickett does start, it was really a bush league move of Jimbo Fisher to trot EJ out there for his press conference and say that he was playing Saturday. Not terribly unexpected, but definitely underhanded and low class.

He didn't say he was playing. He said he was practicing like he was playing. With an AC joint issue, you never know how you are going to feel day to day. The only fix is surgery as we saw with Sam Bradford.

We need to WRAP UP --- first guy there wrap up EJ Manual and wait for the help D to arrive.

NO MISSED TACKLES - that includes Noel - wrap up.

Back