• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, PETER LUGER

My example was not meant to actually be about the steak. Yeesh.

Yes and no. It's pretty laid back really, just expensive steak. Fogo de Chao more of a gluttony thing and trying to be fancy, also pretty expensive. But if people think eating too much expensive salty steak the night before tournament play is actually relevant then Fogo de Chao would be the poster child for disaster.

Ok.

Sarcasm is lost on you I guess.

If we were done in by a steakhouse how far would we have gone anyway?

I took the thread as a joke by 2&2.

Before next year's ACC Tournament in Greensboro, they're eating at the Outback Steakhouse on Wendover Road and Brasky's giving the motivational speech.

Well said. Sending that out after getting COY, POY, and 2nd team All-ACC had the feeling of a team celebrating a win, not a team needing a win. "Destiny" is something that's going to happen that you don't necessarily have to work for. Wake Forest has been one of if not the worst programs in the ACC Tournament. Wake Forest coaches and players should not be sitting around eating fancy steaks listening to a multi-millionaire talk about destiny.

It's pretty shitty of Conor not to understand that sentiment and use it to take a shot at the fanbase.

Totally agree with this. I would add that it's pretty stupid to have to think twice about making jokes or using sarcasm for fear that a beat reporter will (1) not get it and (2) seek to embarrass the poster.

Next game…

monsterhamfb.jpg

Before next year's ACC Tournament in Greensboro, they're eating at the Outback Steakhouse on Wendover Road and Brasky's giving the motivational speech.

Is Brasky leaving teaching to manage the Outback???

I feel like we are underplaying the significance of the Peter Luger dinner, and we should be taking this more seriously. It's shameful that Forbes thought this was a good idea, considering what was at stake. He's out there kowtowing to Shah and Currie, instead of focusing on putting together a meaty game plan -- which obviously showed - his strategy against BC was not well done.

I definitely have a beef with the decision, and Forbes deserves to be grilled for it. He butchered this game. I just hope it's a rare mistake - he needs to steer clear of this in the future. We won't meet him halfway on this again.

Harping on a meal beforehand is silly, this is so overblown.

(Stephen A voice) HOWEVER - Our own beat reporter tagging a meme twitter account when fans are melting down after a bad loss to pile on? That is lame af. And I have not waded into whether he sucks or not discussion elsewhere. I'm out on that dude 100%.

I was waiting on someone to bring it up. Konnnner sucks big time.

Totally agree with this. I would add that it's pretty stupid to have to think twice about making jokes or using sarcasm for fear that a beat reporter will (1) not get it and (2) seek to embarrass the poster.

Reeks of Dan Collins using his blog to take pot shots at fans for being critical of Wellman and [Redacted].

whoever runs MBG's Twitter is a doosh, to begin with, and either doesn't understand or pretends not to understand sarcasm and gallows humor.

but then yes, tweeting at him is also not cool

I feel like we are underplaying the significance of the Peter Luger dinner, and we should be taking this more seriously. It's shameful that Forbes thought this was a good idea, considering what was at stake. He's out there kowtowing to Shah and Currie, instead of focusing on putting together a meaty game plan -- which obviously showed - his strategy against BC was not well done.

I definitely have a beef with the decision, and Forbes deserves to be grilled for it. He butchered this game. I just hope it's a rare mistake - he needs to steer clear of this in the future. We won't meet him halfway on this again.

It was a half-baked pregame plan.

Solid A- performance. Missed opportunity on "cowtowing", otherwise strong.

Back