• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FUCK YOU, RON WELLMAN

Which is impossible to quantify and quite convenient for your argument.

That's some RJ level logic. "You can't tell me exactly how many millions it has cost us, so you can't argue that it has cost us millions."

It's basic math. Just the difference in the (already inflated) listed attendance alone accounts for millions of ticket revenue over the last 9 seasons, without even taking into account revenue from parking, food, etc. Not to mention the huge number of folks who stopped giving (like myself) or lowered their giving when they no longer wanted to purchase season tickets. I get that some of you guys, like Rafi, need to defend your employer, but it just looks silly to watch you do so.

My family's giving has been on a meteoric decline over the past 10 years and I know many in the same boat. But yea, Wake attracts a lot of rich kids and their families, so Wake will not have to worry about slumping donations as a whole, regardless of the shit sandwich that is our hoops program.

That's some RJ level logic. "You can't tell me exactly how many millions it has cost us, so you can't argue that it has cost us millions."

It's basic math. Just the difference in the (already inflated) listed attendance alone accounts for millions of ticket revenue over the last 9 seasons, without even taking into account revenue from parking, food, etc. Not to mention the huge number of folks who stopped giving (like myself) or lowered their giving when they no longer wanted to purchase season tickets. I get that some of you guys, like Rafi, need to defend your employer, but it just looks silly to watch you do so.

Don't make up stuff. I don't work for the AD and never have - there is no need to create conspiracies. Just have a normal conversation.

Basketball ticket sales are low, which is obviously lost revenue (BSD wrote a good article on it this morning https://www.bloggersodear.com/2019/...have-they-declined-wellman-manning-[Redacted]). But Deacon Club giving is up, which I think is driven by the success of other sports, and perhaps a general increase in giving across all Wake aspects with the WakeWill campaign.

Don't make up stuff. I don't work for the AD and never have - there is no need to create conspiracies. Just have a normal conversation.

Basketball ticket sales are low, which is obviously lost revenue (BSD wrote a good article on it this morning https://www.bloggersodear.com/2019/...have-they-declined-wellman-manning-[Redacted]). But Deacon Club giving is up, which I think is driven by the success of other sports, and perhaps a general increase in giving across all Wake aspects with the WakeWill campaign.

I've known Rafi for 10 years through mutual friends. I can promise all of you that he doesn't work for the AD and hasn't since I've known him. Granted, we aren't close, but a simple search leads me to confirm he is in no way associated with the AD. Need to go ahead and dispel of that myth.

Not nearly as silly as your reading comprehension. Or your assertion that anyone who dares to call out your bullshit must work for Wake in some fashion.

My post was specifically referring to DC contributions... not the lost ticket revenue. Obviously bball attendance is down as it should be.

But you stated DC giving is down based upon your "anecdotes" and personal experience. That's great and all... but please link the data that supports this.

Or are you simply talking out of your ass (again)?

It was the first link I found. If you can find one more recent, or that suggests a different premise, I would be interested to read it.

I'm not trying to "polish" the bball team. That program is a mess. I am pointing out that the Deacon Club seems to be doing quite well, and my theory is that it is driven by other sports. We have the top amateur woman in the world in golf, the reigning NCAA champs in tennis, and upon conclusion of the past fall sports season, the top ranked AD in the ACC (and #6 in the country). We have also won 3 straight bowl games for the first time ever.

I only meant that those authoring the article you cited may be using a small, favorable sample deliberately; i.e., their numbers needed my perspective. I did not mean to suggest you were defending the status quo by bringing facts to an opinion fight.

I only meant that those authoring the article you cited may be using a small, favorable sample deliberately; i.e., their numbers needed my perspective. I did not mean to suggest you were defending the status quo by bringing facts to an opinion fight.

Gotcha. Sorry for my misinterpretation. You certainly may be right in that regard.

The link within the link I provided indicates that there were 15,761 donors and 2,827 new donors. It also states, "The 2016-17 year also established a new precedent for the Deacon Club Annual Fund, shattering previous records for number of active donors, number of new members and total dollars raised."

What fool would believe any stats published by the Deacon Club or AD at this point? I guarandamntee that, by their monkey math, every rube buying a pretzel or hot dog at a sporting event constitutes a "new donor". Everything that comes out of those groups has to be viewed as complete horseshit by any sane person.

I've known Rafi for 10 years through mutual friends. I can promise all of you that he doesn't work for the AD and hasn't since I've known him. Granted, we aren't close, but a simple search leads me to confirm he is in no way associated with the AD. Need to go ahead and dispel of that myth.

Obviously he isn’t publicly affiliated with the AD. They tried that with NazT and it didn’t work. This is some off the books stuff cooked up by our boy Randy.

Obviously he isn’t publicly affiliated with the AD. They tried that with NazT and it didn’t work. This is some off the books stuff cooked up by our boy Randy.

Now this is good! Yes, I'm a secret agent paid for with funds controlled by Hatch, Wellman, Casstevens, McCreary, Sutton, and Paul.

Or maybe, and just hear me out here, I happen to really like tennis, soccer, and football, and I enjoy supporting those student athletes.

What fool would believe any stats published by the Deacon Club or AD at this point? I guarandamntee that, by their monkey math, every rube buying a pretzel or hot dog at a sporting event constitutes a "new donor". Everything that comes out of those groups has to be viewed as complete horseshit by any sane person.

I would assume there is probably some accountability on this stuff, perhaps through the IRS and potential audits? Either way, I'm pretty sure the buildings and national championships are real.

Now this is good! Yes, I'm a secret agent paid for with funds controlled by Hatch, Wellman, Casstevens, McCreary, Sutton, and Paul.

Or maybe, and just hear me out here, I happen to really like tennis, soccer, and football, and I obsessively defend the AD from any attack.

FIFY

I would assume there is probably some accountability on this stuff, perhaps through the IRS and potential audits? Either way, I'm pretty sure the buildings and national championships are real.

You assume there is some accountability within our athletic department? Seriously? Come on, seriously?

Even if the iRS and/or auditors are counting the number of donors, which I don't think they are, why the fuck would that impact what numbers are published by the athletic department in their promotional materials? I will ask again - you seriously think there is some accountability within our athletic department? Holy shit.

You assume there is some accountability within our athletic department? Seriously? Come on, seriously?

Even if the iRS and/or auditors are counting the number of donors, which I don't think they are, why the fuck would that impact what numbers are published by the athletic department in their promotional materials? I will ask again - you seriously think there is some accountability within our athletic department? Holy shit.

Yeah, I don’t think they are lying about their donations or number of donors. Obviously some of you think there is a big conspiracy going down, with deep state agents paid under the table to occasionally comment on message boards. I don’t, I just think they have a really long leash, but if there was zero accountability then Wellman, Bz, and Grobe would still be here. Rather than a big conspiracy theory, I think we just have a poorly managed b-ball program. It happens. As bad as we have been, we have still been to the NCAA tourney more recently than some ACC teams (BC, GT) - even in the ACC, bad b-ball programs occur.

I hope Currie can keep the rest of our athletics running in the direction they are, and that he can fix men’s b-ball (and women’s b-ball and vball).

Pp if the iRS and/or auditors are counting the number of donors, which I don't think they are, why the fuck would that impact what numbers are published by the athletic department in their promotional materials? I will ask again - you seriously think there is some accountability within our athletic department? Holy shit.

We hired fucking Casstevens to handle the finances...

Watch some of the videos of Ron Wellman defending Jeff [Redacted] and the job he was doing and tell me that the Wake Forest Athletic Department does not have an issue with honesty with him as its leader. It is not a stretch that they would shade the truth and certainly not some tin hatted conspiracy theory that would lead to believing that. "Heavens Yes!"

Plus, if a handful of big donors are going to fund all of these non-revenue sports, good for them, however why even have a Deacon Club if that is the case.

He was at the baseball game yesterday. I think he was trying to go incognito. He was wearing a ridiculous looking Panama hat and sunglasses.

He was at the baseball game yesterday. I think he was trying to go incognito. He was wearing a ridiculous looking Panama hat and sunglasses.

Glad he didnt fuckup the good karma over at Groves Stadium, and stayed away.

Back