• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fully Shifted To Buzz-In

djev336

Reaction score
After reading this board and seeing so much b/s posted by people that probably never even played organized sports, and weighing both the facts and arguments/opinions, I'm officially declaring myself Buzz-In. This is why:

The 3 transfers leaving free up 3 scholly's. TC was never going to be a star much less anything other than a worst case option at the point. Carson was heavily overrated and belongs in the MAAC or a conference like that. Fields isn't an ACC player either. My whole argument for giving Bz a chance is that he didn't have a team of ACC caliber players. What scared me, and had me on the Buzz-wait is what Wake's roster was going to look like in 2-3 years and his overall lack of PR skills. We all know that Wake isn't projected to be very good next year, but at least some of the deadweight is being shed. Hopefully Bz can use the newly freed scholly's to get much more talented players in. With the talent come the wins. Bz has talent coming.

Now of course, if Travis or CJ leave, Buzz-Out.

--DJ Ev.

How's about each poster start his own thread stating his own personal opinions on Bz? I actually care what each and every one of you think in full detail.

How's about each poster start his own thread stating his own personal opinions on Bz? I actually care what each and every one of you think in full detail.

Cool. What do you think about Buzz?

So he, in your opinion is "cutting dead weight" that he brought in and you are giving him credit???

I agree that we haven't had ACC level talent since he's been here, but we can't continue to have our guys transfer and believe that each year a group of freshman will lead us back to relevance or prominence. We aren't Kentucky... CJ and Travis are ACC players (Chase has "potential" to be). I'm willing to bet only 3 of our incoming recruits will have a meaningful impact on the program...so that puts us a 5 or 6 ACC players. CJ will be a senior next year so before we rely on ANOTHER Freshman class we're back down to 4 or 5, barring tranfers which let's be honest are likely to happen again. Just seems like we're running on a hampster wheel and making no progress.

seriously. give it a rest. cool - you like the guy. you're excited about scholarships. jump in on any one of the 20 discussions about it.

I agree that we haven't had ACC level talent since he's been here, but we can't continue to have our guys transfer and believe that each year a group of freshman will lead us back to relevance or prominence. We aren't Kentucky... CJ and Travis are ACC players (Chase has "potential" to be). I'm willing to bet only 3 of our incoming recruits will have a meaningful impact on the program...so that puts us a 5 or 6 ACC players. CJ will be a senior next year so before we rely on ANOTHER Freshman class we're back down to 4 or 5, barring tranfers which let's be honest are likely to happen again. Just seems like we're running on a hampster wheel and making no progress.

I agree with what u are saying, but recruiting for the upcoming season isn't complete. Last year Wake had 2 ACC caliber players, next year they will have 3 or 4. The year after that, hopefully more.

Title should read "Bull shitted In"

If I may borrow a quote from Dan Collins, "And to those whose minds are closed, it really doesn’t matter what anyone in disagreement has to write or say."

After reading this board and seeing so much b/s posted by people that probably never even played organized sports, and weighing both the facts and arguments/opinions, I'm officially declaring myself Buzz-In. This is why:

The 3 transfers leaving free up 3 scholly's. TC was never going to be a star much less anything other than a worst case option at the point. Carson was heavily overrated and belongs in the MAAC or a conference like that. Fields isn't an ACC player either. My whole argument for giving Bz a chance is that he didn't have a team of ACC caliber players. What scared me, and had me on the Buzz-wait is what Wake's roster was going to look like in 2-3 years and his overall lack of PR skills. We all know that Wake isn't projected to be very good next year, but at least some of the deadweight is being shed. Hopefully Bz can use the newly freed scholly's to get much more talented players in. With the talent come the wins. Bz has talent coming.

--DJ Ev.

Who the hell is going to play C for us? DT is a pf not a C and is a freshman, Washington is being compared by many to a much lower rated freshman Ty Walker. We have no backup pg so CJ is going to lose valuable minutes at SG so play pg give cmm a breather. We are going to have to rely on Chase to play sg then for more minutes than he should and Green at PF when he is worse than both Chenault and Carson. Carson was improving and was a huge loss of a big body for us, and losing both Chenault and fields hurts our depth big time. It puts way to much stress on 17 and 18 year olds to pull us out of the cellar.

And I am willing to put money down that we lose at least another 3 players next year.

--DJ Ev.

Do we know that buzz did anything other than act like himself in order to cause any of these transfers (that is, did he say Carson: you need to leave)? It seems like that would be necessary in order for him to be praised, right? Otherwise you are praising the fact that players had some type of problem with him or the university and decided to leave. "Hopefully bz can use the newly freed scholly's to get much more talented players in." Hopefully. While we are hoping, hopefully I win the mega millions drawing. Hopefully the economy turns around. Hopefully we don't go to war with Iran.

Plus, I think the "with the talent comes the wins" argument, while mostly true has some flaws. You might recall our team a few years back that had loads of talent but didn't get anywhere. Talent doesn't hurt you when it comes to winning games, but if you don't have a coach that knows how to use it, what is the point? If it didn't require top players plus a top coach, I doubt universities would pay someone over a million dollars a year to "coach."

I agree with what u are saying, but recruiting for the upcoming season isn't complete. Last year Wake had 2 ACC caliber players, next year they will have 3 or 4. The year after that, hopefully more.

In all seriousness, can we point to any legitimate 4 star targets we're after right now? I looked on the recruiting board and post and didn't see anyone. I feel like spring recruiting is pointless unless you're involved with some heavy-weights. In Wake's experience isn't that how we ended up with players like AF, Dukes, etc? I just can't think of any under-the-radar recruits that have worked out for us in the last ten years. We need more bodies, but that doesn't mean they are going to be talented. I'd also argue that our present class, aside from CMM, is good, but not great or on the level of many of our competitors. You never know in recruiting, but assuming all of these kids are going to overachieve seems unlikely and probably unfair to them.

You actually think we are going to get any talent in here above 3* when all these recruits will see and read about Bz?

Back