• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Funny Childress story from Clemson

Am I misremebering or didn't we play back to back home games against GT and Clemson in Chill's freshman year and we won both with Chill hitting a baseline leaner at the buzzer against Clemson on Sunday?

I swear I was at both games but it could be brain damage.

Wake Virginia and Maryland Carolina semi-final saturday was EPIC. 4 top 15 caliber teams playing each other in the semis. the Coliseum was so jacked.

one of my favorite Chill moments was from the first game of the 95 ACC tourney vs Duke. Duke had jumped on us early (I think we were down 18 mid way through the first half) and Odom calls a time out. It was extremely quiet....noon game, 1 vs 8/9, Duke was down that year & didn't bring many fans, and the WF fans were stunned by the lop-sided start. Chill yells at his teammates in the huddle......"Give me the ball.....EVERY DAMN TIME!". It seemed like it echoed. Chill proceeded to immediately shoot us back in the game. We led @ halftime & blew them out in the 2nd half.

This is still our best option for this year.

Sorry for confusing the games in which the scenario took place. I was at the Alabama game, and have heard Odom tell the story several times. I think in my desire to think something positive last night, I got the games confused. Thanks for rescuing the thread by bringing up the greatest performance by any single player in ACC Tournament history. It is amazing that it began with us almost getting blown out by a horrible Duke team.

Am I misremebering or didn't we play back to back home games against GT and Clemson in Chill's freshman year and we won both with Chill hitting a baseline leaner at the buzzer against Clemson on Sunday?
I remember the shot at Clemson (though my memory has lost credibility on this thread)

In the Duke game we were down 17. I'm pretty sure he didn't yell "give me the damn ball" then, that was at the end of the UNC game (to Rusty, after he turned it over, it was caught on camera) two days later. In the Duke game timeout, he told the team they could help him or get the heck out of the way. Believe we were tied or up by 2 at half.

damn Chill was the man.

In the Duke game we were down 17. I'm pretty sure he didn't yell "give me the damn ball" then, that was at the end of the UNC game (to Rusty, after he turned it over, it was caught on camera) two days later. In the Duke game timeout, he told the team they could help him or get the heck out of the way. Believe we were tied or up by 2 at half.

Correct. I was working for WAKE SID at the time and we were the host school for the tourney so i was sitting at the scorer's table right by the Wake bench

95 and 96 I went to every game in the tournament except the play-in game in 95.

Back