• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Furman upset by WNC

1976Deac

Reaction score
In what has been otherwise a decent season so far. Carter is not playing as much as I would have expected.

In what has been otherwise a decent season so far. Carter is not playing as much as I would have expected.

Unfortunately, he's just not very good at basketball. Not sure how the recruiting services missed it so badly.

Thanks. Auto-spell is a bitch on the treadmill.

Unfortunately, he's just not very good at basketball. Not sure how the recruiting services missed it so badly.

Some just don't adjust to the next level of play. Certainly happens from college to the pros all the time. But, I do agree. It seems some concerns would have surfaced while he was in HS. Especially, against superior competition.

I had to lookup the Furman roster to even understand who we were talking about.

I mean he played in the best HS conference in NC and I think they won the state 4a with him running the show. IIRC Leesville had some wars with a stacked Millbrook team. Can’t speak to AAU stuff at all.

He showed some flashes of elite PG skills in the ACC getting thrown into the mix as a HS senior, and now he can't get off the bench at Furman.

I was a fanboi, he had good to great vision and I thought he'd grow into himself as he got to college. Heard there were some issues off the court which could always contribute, but as an undersized guard you've gotta really maximize everything to cut it at high D1 and he's not even getting much run at Furman.

I was a fanboi, he had good to great vision and I thought he'd grow into himself as he got to college. Heard there were some issues off the court which could always contribute, but as an undersized guard you've gotta really maximize everything to cut it at high D1 and he's not even getting much run at Furman.
Furman says he’s 6’3”.

I would say very similar to Tyler Lewis being ranked so high. Defense is not a priority in AAU so those type guards can look better than they actually are.

Back