• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gamecocks close out the old & bring in the new!

That is the definition of National Champion. Doesn't matter how you did it as long as you do it and USC has done it back to back.

Something UVa hasn't figured out yet is how to be a big winner in baseball on the bid stage. They shocked everybody by beating Strasburg and winning their regional & Super Regional a couple of years ago. But last year as heavy favorites got beat at home by OK in the super regional. This year they got super lucky by pulling out a miracle game at home against Cal as they were choking again. But they got there.

Now I hope Wake Forest baseball will be rid of the Wellman curse of firing George Greer and I think Walters has us on our way. We need depth in pitching badly.

I think his name is Walter.

Became a USC fan when Spurrier got there. Loved watching Spurrier coach since he was at Duke & Florida. Started paying attention to USC baseball when Merrifield signed there and Little Reff went there. Now another kid from here has signed with USC for baseball so I will continue to watch.

Would not dare pay $50,000 + per year for undergrad education for a child. That should be saved for great graduate schools where the jobs come from. Plus he wanted to go somewhere where they played big time sports, expecially football . That was not any school in this state

Revisionist history at it's best.

Not to mention UNC has bigger athletics.

Would not dare pay $50,000 + per year for undergrad education for a child. That should be saved for great graduate schools where the jobs come from. Plus he wanted to go somewhere where they played big time sports, expecially football . That was not any school in this state

Just because you keep saying it, doesn't make it true. Big time football at Little Carolina?

543-539-12 Overall
4-12 Bowl Record
1 Conference Champ (1969)

Do you need to go to great grad school to ref at middle school girls games?

Didn't LittleReff get rejected from Wake? OOOPS.

Sorry I'm too busy parlaying my 50K education into a scholarship for a great graduate school to listen to you Reff. You keep listening to people who say that a bad undergrad can get you into Harvard Law and hoard your money.

And the fact that you became a South Carolina* fan when Spurrier got there tells me all I need to know

*South Carolina, the proper name for the state school to the south, not USC or Carolina

Also their win over SDSU wasn't an upset, they were the 2 seed and Strasburg had the 3 seed.

Sorry I'm too busy parlaying my 50K education into a scholarship for a great graduate school to listen to you Reff. You keep listening to people who say that a bad undergrad can get you into Harvard Law and hoard your money.

And the fact that you became a South Carolina* fan when Spurrier got there tells me all I need to know

*South Carolina, the proper name for the state school to the south, not USC or Carolina

Carolina 21
No Carolina 15

in 49 of 50 states if you reference either Carolina or USC, people think of schools other than South Carolina

Some of us have degrees from WFU and the USC. So when I have to pull for an SEC team, its the Gamecocks.
In.

And for those that want to dog USC academically, when I was in grad school there the USC honors college was tougher than Wake. It was more like Davidson. So I would have no problem sending my kid through that program and it's a fraction of the cost of Wake.

In.

And for those that want to dog USC academically, when I was in grad school there the USC honors college was tougher than Wake. It was more like Davidson. So I would have no problem sending my kid through that program and it's a fraction of the cost of Wake.

Wake Forest doesn't need an honors program to provide a quality education. What percentage of the student body is in a state school honors program, maybe 5%?

Wake Forest doesn't need an honors program to provide a quality education. What percentage of the student body is in a state school honors program, maybe 5%?

So glad someone pointed this out. Wake Forest is an honors program, as are a ton of other very difficult and prestigious schools.

The State schools with honors programs were always funny to me. 1/100 kids want to be challenged and have the brain power to get accepted. The rest float by and get a 4.0 and brag about their school's honors program. It make no sense to me.

Spending $19k a year to send your kid to FCDS is far, far less defensible than paying twice that to send your kid to Wake Forest. I went to high school for free then got a much better college education than LittleReff.

Not to mention that out of state tuition at South Carolina is $25k/year which hardly seems like a great value.

In-state tuition at NC State (comparable to USC, imo) is $18,427. Out of state is $31,362. Link
In-state tuition at UNC-CH is $20,660. Out of state is $41,140. Link
Out of state tuition at USC is $33,000 (approx). In-state is $17,222 (approx). Link

If my kids tell me they want to attend USC, I'll give them NC State money and tell them to make their own decision.

In-state tuition at NC State (comparable to USC, imo) is $18,427. Out of state is $31,362. Link
In-state tuition at UNC-CH is $20,660. Out of state is $41,140. Link
Out of state tuition at USC is $33,000 (approx). In-state is $17,222 (approx). Link

If my kids tell me they want to attend USC, I'll give them NC State money and tell them to make their own decision.

Just to clarify tuition at NCSU is $6,529 the rest of that number is made up for room, board, etc.

Yes that is correct of all of the numbers above: tuition, fees, room and board, books.

Out of state, Wake is competitive with UNC-CH.

Back