• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gas Logs

DeacWatcher

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I am converting my house to natural gas and installing a connection to my fireplace for natural gas logs. I was hoping to pick up some at a reduced price here at the end of winter.

Any recommendations?

Looking for heat or looks? Vented or unvented?

We got non-vented and have used ours recently to keep the house warm when the power went out.

If I had it to do again, I would get non-vented. Mine look great, but we really don't use them.

Non-vented and Peterson with the remote control feature is outstanding.

Make sure it either has a timer or a remote. Nothing heats the house as quickly as gas logs when you first wake up in the AM, and its nice if you don't have to go downstairs and turn it on manually when you first wake up. The only time we use ours is when we first wake up and when we first come home on a ridiculously cold night, and even then we only have to run it for maybe 30 minutes.

Back