• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gay UNC Student Lies About Hate Crime Attack

sent the link to a gay friend of mine who lives in Durham and his response was "what a stupid faggot"

He likes attention.

Probably did it just so he could go into the police station and see all the manly officers in their macho uniforms.

NTTAWWT

Not surprising at all. I didn't think the story really checked out anyway. There was talk of a witness but the witness never came forward. It was just a bizarre story from the beginning.

Sooo he'll probably be expelled, right? Or will UNC be all PC and let him stay because he's gay and they don't want to offend anyone.

Never seen UNC public safety, have you?

In other news, this kid has some serious issues.

LOL. I have. I got many a parking ticket from those bastards visiting my gf in Chapel Hill.

Last year or the year before 2 of the Wake ROTC guys claimed to have been attacked on the path from Reynolda Village. Wake closed the gates earlier, paying for extra time for the gate watchers, amped up security on campus, Winston-Salem po got involved, etc. Later it was determined that the guys had made it up because they didn't feel like doing their morning run or something like that.

Sooo he'll probably be expelled, right? Or will UNC be all PC and let him stay because he's gay and they don't want to offend anyone.

"Dear Carolina Students, Faculty and Staff:

Our Department of Public Safety has been investigating an aggravated
assault that appears to have been motivated by the sexual orientation of
a male student, who was treated at Campus Health Services for burn
injuries. The incident, reported to police on April 5, occurred on the
foot bridge between Craige Residence Hall and the intersection of Ridge
Road and Manning Drive.

As a University community, we condemn this act of violence. Our
Department of Public Safety will bring the strongest possible charges
against the
attacker.

Based on the available evidence to date, the University plans to report
this incident as a hate crime to the federal government.
We're also
mindful of a recently adopted UNC system policy that deplores unlawful
harassment leading to a hostile environment that is based upon personal
characteristics including sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
race, color, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status.

Everyone in our community has the right to a safe, inclusive and welcome
living and learning environment. And all of us have a responsibility to
stand against acts of violence, harassment, bullying and intimidation
and to treat each other with civility and respect.

Campus advocates for our LGBTQ community are asking questions about the
University's response to this incident.
As I explained in my message to
the campus last week about the incident in Morrison Residence Hall, the
University is now reviewing the notification protocols and procedures we
use to inform the campus about crime reports or dangerous situations.
This most recent incident will be considered in those conversations,too.

Sincerely,

Holden Thorp"

I'm not sure what will actually happen to the kid but considering they were going to report to this to the FBI and that the administration received such pressure from the LGBTQ community, he should get the maximum punishment. Not cool to joke around like that.

This is bizarre. He alleged he had 3rd degree burns? If they didn't come from the brand, where were they from?

I'm still up in the air on the whole "hate crime" thing. A crime is a crime.

Last year or the year before 2 of the Wake ROTC guys claimed to have been attacked on the path from Reynolda Village. Wake closed the gates earlier, paying for extra time for the gate watchers, amped up security on campus, Winston-Salem po got involved, etc. Later it was determined that the guys had made it up because they didn't feel like doing their morning run or something like that.

I was reminded of this as well. There was one or two ACTUAL muggings that preceded this fake one, which forced the administration's hand.

All in the name of avoiding PTFacepalm

I was reminded of this as well. There was one or two ACTUAL muggings that preceded this fake one, which forced the administration's hand.

All in the name of avoiding PTFacepalm

Yeah I do remember that now that you said it... I didn't know (or remember) that the fake ones in Reynolda were ROTC guys. What morans

Back