• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General contractor in Lewisville on short notice? Roof leak

vtwhat etc

Historically Competitive
Reaction score
Hi Pit!

We have a vent from our (upstairs) master bathroom that flows to our roof.

From what i can see from the attic, the gasket that attaches the tubing to the roof has failed and rain water is coming in (on a very centralized spot near/above our shower).

The spackling/drywall started to give way on Monday during the storms.

This has apparently happened before but my friend that owned the house just passed away... so i'm not sure how she's handled it.

Any advice or referalls would be appreciated.

-Bill

Sounds like you need a roofer to fix (probably replace) the collar around the vent that seals it to the roof.

No ideas for you, but Serve Pro just packed up their shit today after 3 days of jet engines running on all three levels of my house because of a roof leak (actually my neighbor's roof - i'm in a row house), and the repair contractor was here today to assess the damage and look at options. I'm all up in roof leaks right now. But that's what insurance is for I suppose.

Back