• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

ph are you aware of what your rep is? its not as the intellectual you pretend to be.

I don't expect the dumbest posters to think I'm smart.

This is a legitimate question---why does Hillary need to hold a press conference? Is it imperative that she do?

She will be stumping every single day from here on out and will also be in what---2-3 debates?

Facts are not elite. They are just facts.

Obviously liberals are much smarter than conservatives, but are there any exceptions? Are there any semi-intelligent conservative posters?

Does having conservative views automatically make your IQ sub 90.

you guys are funny. I understand polls. the poll was posted as wow look! and the convention isnt even over. I commented on how that is not a good sign to be statistically tied. what is the issue here. Is there a day left? sure. I tihnk you guys are trying to hard.

This Poll, coming a full week after the Pub convention, is actually more concerning for Republicans than Democrats. Given the timing of the poll it should account for 100% of Trump's post post convention "bump" but since it occurs during the Dem convention it might, at best, account for 25% of Hillary's convention "bump." So really, this is the best Donald Trump will ever do in the polls. The best he can do is a statistical dead heat.

Obviously liberals are much smarter than conservatives, but are there any exceptions? Are there any semi-intelligent conservative posters?

still have several months to go, should i order you one or just get them in bulk?

19101819-5431-28_zps80efdf9f.jpg

I don't have TV at home, so I am only watching the convention speeches this morning on Youtube (I did watch Biden's last night). I think Obama is amazing and I think he made major strides towards pulling the Democratic Party together. I loved the way he directly address Bernie or Bust and called on them to join the movement and bring their passion, several speakers earlier in the week were condescending dicks (I'm looking at you Sarah Silverman). I've been saying, that in Alabama, where my vote doesn't matter, I would probably vote third party for Jill Stein, but I just went and unfollowed her on Facebook and will probably actively start supporting Hillary and the Democrats overall, yes I'll be a HillShill. Obama made a great case for the urgency of defeating Trump that I am finding it hard to ignore. At the end of his speech, I am left with the feeling that I do not want to be in a position 20 years or more from having to say that I didn't do my part to stop that demagogue from winning.

Edit: Maybe I should have posted this in the DNC thread.

This Poll, coming a full week after the Pub convention, is actually more concerning for Republicans than Democrats. Given the timing of the poll it should account for 100% of Trump's post post convention "bump" but since it occurs during the Dem convention it might, at best, account for 25% of Hillary's convention "bump." So really, this is the best Donald Trump will ever do in the polls. The best he can do is a statistical dead heat.

I'm in the camp that believes: A: Hillary's speech tonight will account for 70% of the DNC. B: Polls before appx. August 14th don't mean very much. And C: The debates will be far more important than the DNC for Hillary.

Nothing Trump says or does at this point can hurt his numbers. I've actually tried to imagine what could possibly be in his tax returns that could put a dent in his base.

Last edited:

I don't actually question the intelligence of the board conservative posters. Just their intellectual honesty.

will hillary take the huge dump on stage at the beginning of the speech or end of the speech?

I don't have TV at home, so I am only watching the convention speeches this morning on Youtube (I did watch Biden's last night). I think Obama is amazing and I think he made major strides towards pulling the Democratic Party together. I loved the way he directly address Bernie or Bust and called on them to join the movement and bring their passion, several speakers earlier in the week were condescending dicks (I'm looking at you Sarah Silverman). I've been saying, that in Alabama, where my vote doesn't matter, I would probably vote third party for Jill Stein, but I just went and unfollowed her on Facebook and will probably actively start supporting Hillary and the Democrats overall, yes I'll be a HillShill. Obama made a great case for the urgency of defeating Trump that I am finding it hard to ignore. At the end of his speech, I am left with the feeling that I do not want to be in a position 20 years or more from having to say that I didn't do my part to stop that demagogue from winning.

Edit: Maybe I should have posted this in the DNC thread.

Yeah it definitely helped to have a speech from an important person actually acknowledging the political behemoth that was Bernie Sanders this election, getting a pretty enormous voting bloc excited in politics and ready for change, instead of just saying "YOU IDIOTS GROW UP AND VOTE FOR THIS PERSON YOU HATE."

You are trying to take a conversation between two people where the respective intellects of both are discussed and equate that to a discussion about all conservatives and all progressives. I have no idea why.

There are plenty of smart conservatives on this board. And there are some dumb progressives. I'll leave it to the readers to figure out who fits in what category.

Well you apparently think the Democrat Convention is over, soooooo....

But the problem Hillary faces here is that the fantastic speakers she's had the last two nights have set the bar awfully high for her. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say her speech likely won't be as good as Bill's, Booker's, Biden's, or either Michelle or Barack Obama's. Am I forgetting any here? There have been a lot of good ones and I just don't see her meeting that standard.

Back