• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

Between his continuous spam postings interjected with victim complex and moonz spam, this place has almost gotten unreadable.
Pretty funny that I noticed the "Chris rinses with douche" tag right after reading this.

This might be the first time that anyone has ever suggested that reddit was a "more academic" forum for political discussion.
I was thinking of Patheos. http://www.patheos.com/ Though some reddit subs do indeed have a bit more of a serious tone. No idea if the libertarian or Gary Johnson sub do. And maybe they're the same sub. I've never checked them out.

I mean besides the fact Gary Johnson isn't winning I wouldn't mind some discussion of his policies. Wasn't he the first, with no attention given, wanting to withdraw from NATO I'd like an explanation of how that helps stability. Pretty sure he's not for equal pay between men and woman as a requirement. Think he wants to abolish corporate taxes all together I'd like that explained. Doesn't like time and half or minimum wage, and shouldn't be federally regulated. Wants to return to the gold standard, think the economy probably way to big for the amount of gold in the world so better start mining some asteroids. Ending all subsidies is way to free market. Wants term limits which is great but doesn't want any restriction on campaign financing. A huge negative I have is not forcing vaccination of children and he is pretty anti environment. His big selling point is legalize marijuana and other drugs.

BSF's victim complex is so funny to me. Dude if it's such a "horrific place" (exaggerate much?) go find an echo chamber that's more to your liking.

Yeah, people spam these boards with nonsense and crazy conspiracy theories they found on weird websites, then if someone dares to call them out or disagree with them, said people respond by grouping everyone that disagrees with them into one category and calling them names. It's the worst.

Back to back stern rebukes from the two most reasonable posters on this forum.

I mean besides the fact Gary Johnson isn't winning I wouldn't mind some discussion of his policies. Wasn't he the first, with no attention given, wanting to withdraw from NATO I'd like an explanation of how that helps stability. Pretty sure he's not for equal pay between men and woman as a requirement. Think he wants to abolish corporate taxes all together I'd like that explained. Doesn't like time and half or minimum wage, and shouldn't be federally regulated. Wants to return to the gold standard, think the economy probably way to big for the amount of gold in the world so better start mining some asteroids. Ending all subsidies is way to free market. Wants term limits which is great but doesn't want any restriction on campaign financing. A huge negative I have is not forcing vaccination of children and he is pretty anti environment. His big selling point is legalize marijuana and other drugs.

Winner, winner chicken dinner. He's just the most polished of all the turds in the running.

Personally I think his biggest selling point is being open and honest about his intentions, and that he isn't above admitting mistakes and reversing policies that he thought would work but didn't. He's the only ticket I've seen where I truly believe he has the country's best interests at heart.

I think for many people that is more important than his stance on various issues, most of which he'd have little to no impact on. He admits that if he could wave a magic wand, that is what he'd do but but that isn't how things work.

25 years fighting the R fight. All in on Johnson/Weld, 2016.

Ask away, I'll give you policy positions. Especially in a state that if it is competitive, the election is over.

I was just asking in 27 had turned the corner to J/W, somewhat in jest. Soon in earnest. Shoosmoo is a new potential convert,

The Romney and Bush endorsements might get him a few more points. Especially from folks like a few of my family members who are otherwise going to vote for Trump. Trump's recent behavior has a few of them wavering, but they ain't voting for Clinton or Stein. (Although every family member is a bit disturbed by the whole pot thing with Johnson.) And I've been saying for a while I'll strongly consider Johnson if he gets into the debates and becomes viable. But while I think he just might achieve the former, I doubt he achieves the latter. Hope I'm wrong.

Personally I think his biggest selling point is being open and honest about his intentions, and that he isn't above admitting mistakes and reversing policies that he thought would work but didn't. He's the only ticket I've seen where I truly believe he has the country's best interests at heart.

I think for many people that is more important than his stance on various issues, most of which he'd have little to no impact on. He admits that if he could wave a magic wand, that is what he'd do but but that isn't how things work.

I think that's more on the people to realize than the candidates. Like when Bernie says he wants to make all college free, It's not as though on January 20th all college would be free. It just means he would work toward making college more affordable.

If this election has taught me anything, it's that the education system has really let an understanding of basic civics drop below an acceptable level.

Last edited:

Well Gary is a counter-puncher. I.E., what will you give me? Enough? No. Veto. Negotiate second deal.

Johnson/Weld has no intention of withdrawing from NATO. An impregnable defense is their theory of military.

They also state, with evidence, that corporate taxes are funneled to consumers. J/W admitted their plan would not pass Congress and would work for a compromise as larger reform. Want State minimum wage laws, with each state calling the shots.

I don't know where this anti-vaccination claim has come. Look at both their records as Governors and what they vetoed.

Well, not every shill is on the level of Chris/rj/Shmoo, but that doesn't mean they're not shills. Look, I'm speaking from personal experience. I know many of the shills claim they're more anti-Trump than pro-Hillary but watch what happens if you criticize Hillary and interrupt the circlejerk- they flip the fuck out. I started off making modest, obvious criticisms of her. They couldn't handle even those.

I am going to test this hypothesis:

I think Hillary is weak on Climate related issues. She has some strong plans laid out for limiting carbon emissions to reduce further pollution and compounding the on the already very serious problem. But her Website completely ignores the fact that we are already experiencing the effects of climate change and sea level rise. She apparently has no plan for dealing with coastal inundation and addressing the massive infrastructure problems and costs that will only get increasingly worse over the next few decades. What kind of stupid shit is that?

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/issues/climate/

Now, flip the fuck out out everyone. Of course, keep in mind that Trump is climate change denier (http://www.pri.org/stories/2016-06-...ax-except-when-it-threatens-his-golf-business) and Johnson/Weld think the free market will fix it (the same free market that created the problem in the first place and has little to no incentive to think about long term costs and benefits) and don't actually provide any concrete plans on how to fix it (https://www.johnsonweld.com/environment).

Was George Soros setting US foreign policy? Check out this email Wikileaks has released. Would be interesting to see if the US did in fact do the things he suggests to Hillary.
https://wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/28972

Don't tell Bob, but lots of people lobby the government to do things. I have personally written parts of US foreign policy (albeit on a very small scale.) And I didn't even have to donate money!

Don't tell Bob, but lots of people lobby the government to do things. I have personally written parts of US foreign policy (albeit on a very small scale.) And I didn't even have to donate money!

Yeah, I'm sure everyone who writes "Hillary" a letter will get the same consideration. She personally reads everything sent her way. I'm sure if I send her a letter about the TPP it'll be pushed up the channels and she'll give it a lot of consideration.

Yeah, I'm sure everyone who writes "Hillary" a letter will get the same consideration. She personally reads everything sent her way. I'm sure if I send her a letter about the TPP it'll be pushed up the channels and she'll give it a lot of consideration.

So you think this is something exclusive to Hillary?

Maybe you should work harder to be a more influential member of society and the letter will be read.

Both an idiotic comment and a cheap shot. Well done. Maybe you could be a sane/ethical citizen and oppose the undue influence of the ultra wealthy in what is supposed to be a democracy.

Back