• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

General Election Thread: Two Weeks Out

I wanna know what rj sent his employer. That is so unbelievably fucked up. I know moonz can be an asshole but damn. To contact his employer in the hope of getting him fired? That is taking it to a level that is completely unacceptable. How did rj even know who his employer was? So many questions. So much drama. Probably not good karma to even bring it up. But I want to know what rj told his employer in those secret emails. "Hi, I'm rj. You might know me as the author of A Story Almost Told...I'd like to talk to you about an employee of yours." Unreal.

I have strong evidence of contacts by or though a rat, a a goofy, pimple faced cap wearing dwarf and rjk, who as we all know threatened it against LK and me many, many times.

rj likes to act like a good guy, but he seeks revenge and a pound of flesh in very trump like fashion
It's ok, Karma is a bitch

i also know that the dwarf is good buddies with one or more current mods, and said lil man, like rjk, won't hesitate to play dirty

Last edited:
0d7d1df2f1bb367e12fd25f017932962.jpg

I think Donnelly, Heitkamp, & Heller will all hold their seats even though its hard to see that far away. Donnelly has actually voted like an independent while a Senator (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/joe_donnelly/412205 ), Heitkamp is tremendously popular in ND and Heller would be a tough out as well.

Other states open in 2018 are WI (Baldwin), OH (Brown), PA (Casey), & FL (Nelson). To me Baldwin is the most vulnerable but it would take someone like Ryan to take the seat and this could be his out to get away from the tea party fucks.

Koch Brothers have WI on lock down during off year elections. How else could Walker be elected twice (plus win a June recall)? Pence leaped before he got pushed. Walker still wants to be POTUS and running as a sitting Gov is his best play. Ryan's shrewd enough to ride it out in the House until 2024.

I have strong evidence of contacts by or though a rat, a a goofy, pimple faced cap wearing dwarf and rjk, who as we all know threatened it against LK and me many, many times.

rj likes to act like a good guy, but he seeks revenge and a pound of flesh in very trump like fashion
It's ok, Karma is a bitch

i also know that the dwarf is good buddies with one or more current mods, and said lil man, like rjk, won't hesitate to play dirty

Lest I be dragged into this, I am not the dwarf in this instance.

Candidates you side with...

85% Hillary Clinton
Hillary Clinton Democratic
on social, domestic policy, education, environmental, economic, criminal, and immigration issues.
compare answers

82% Jill Stein
Jill Stein Green
on social, economic, domestic policy, science, criminal, foreign policy, and immigration issues.
compare answers

79% Gary Johnson
Gary Johnson Libertarian
on foreign policy, economic, criminal, healthcare, and social issues.
compare answers

41% Donald Trump
Donald Trump Republican
on economic, healthcare, and electoral issues.
compare answers

I know I align closest with HRC - or at least her articulated position. I just don't trust her to do anything other than what's in her personal best interest at any given time. I find her utterly lacking in integrity and just can't vote for her in good conscience. I wish the democrats offered a reasonable alternative, because I'd likely support that person in a heartbeat.

I also don't like these quizzes as a lot of times the answers are a lot more nuanced than what they allow for. For example, I do believe the minimum wage needs to be raised, and while I think $15 an hour is appropriate in some places with a high cost of living, it's not appropriate everywhere. I said I am against Obama Care because I believe it's wrong to force citizens to buy a product from a private company regardless of whether they want or need it (it's also probably the most regressive tax we have). I reluctantly think single payer is the only way to fix healthcare at this point, but I don't like it. Those are just some examples.

If you look at the 2018 Senate list there are really only four that look like contests:

Donnelly (D) IN
Heitkamp (D) ND
VA Open D
Heller (R) NV

Over the past fifty years, only Johnson, Carter and Bush 41 were one term POTUS. Johnson had a highly unpopular war. Carter was handed a terrible economy that didn't improve much and a crisis. Bush 41 had a third party candidate that took tons of votes from him.

Barring something bad happening, the odds are Hillary will get re-elected in 2020.

You're dreaming. VA will be hotly contested and is bluish purple in presidential years but reddish purple in off years. If (and that could be a big if) the Pubs nominate someone who doesn't breathe fire, said Pub will likely win. The Dem defending that seat will probably be Don Beyer (rich, NoVa car dealer) or Bobby Scott (African-American house member from Tidewater area). While I agree Heitkamp will likely win, even in an off year, I'm not so sure about Tester, even though he's fairly popular, because MT is a red state. If Hillary is unpopular come 2018 (which I believe is a likelihood), she could endanger both. McCaskill is dead meat in MO - unless her opponent can't talk about anything other than abortion. MO has gotten redder over the last decade or so. And Bill Nelson will be 76 in 2018. As we've seen this year, the Dem bench is thin there - so is the Pub bench for that matter. Lastly, the Dems will need to get someone to primary Menendez in NJ because he's a consistent embarrassment.

Conversely, the Pubs have far fewer seats up in 2018, and they look safe. Heller should win easily in an off year. Right now, I'd set the O/U for Dem losses at around 2.5-3. And my current O/U for this year is 51-51.5 (very likely: WI, IL & IN; more likely than not: NH and PA; and could pick off 1-2 more the closer Clinton gets to double digits).

Candidates you side with...

I also don't like these quizzes as a lot of times the answers are a lot more nuanced than what they allow for. For example, I do believe the minimum wage needs to be raised, and while I think $15 an hour is appropriate in some places with a high cost of living, it's not appropriate everywhere. I said I am against Obama Care because I believe it's wrong to force citizens to buy a product from a private company regardless of whether they want or need it (it's also probably the most regressive tax we have). I reluctantly think single payer is the only way to fix healthcare at this point, but I don't like it. Those are just some examples.

Agreed. And there are some fairly significant differences between Sanders and Stein on the 1 hand and Obama and Clinton on the other. But these quizzes consistently score them all the same. These quizzes are kinda fun party games but are kinda like the Meyers/Briggs when contrasted to the MMPI.

Now i feel like a real millennial because I asked a computer to tell me how I should vote!!

Gary Johnson 82%
Trump 76%
Darrell Castle 67%
Jill Stein 64%
Hillary 59%

For those of you with middle to high Trump numbers, what policies does it say you agree on?

Agreed. And there are some fairly significant differences between Sanders and Stein on the 1 hand and Obama and Clinton on the other. But these quizzes consistently score them all the same. These quizzes are kinda fun party games but are kinda like the Meyers/Briggs when contrasted to the MMPI.

For those of you with middle to high Trump numbers, what policies does it say you agree on?

Agreed RE: the quizzes, but I find this particular one to have the most in-depth content within its questions.

I'm curious how they aggregate the Trump scores, since he hasn't articulated any policy positions - with actual detail - other than "build a wall", "ban Muslims", and "have someone shoot Hillary".

Agreed RE: the quizzes, but I find this particular one to have the most in-depth content within its questions.

I'm curious how they aggregate the Trump scores, since he hasn't articulated any policy positions - with actual detail - other than "build a wall", "ban Muslims", and "have someone shoot Hillary".

This is what I was interested to hear.

99% HRC
97% Stein
67% Johnson
17% Trump
5% Dude I've never heard of

So yeah, I'm voting Hillary because I agree with her on a lot, which is also why I voted for her in 2008. I did not vote in the presidential primary this year because I was peeved at however the Clintons cleared the field to get Hillary the nomination, and I thought her time had passed. But I will vote for her over Trump and would have voted for her or Bernie over any of the Republican candidates.

I pretty much align with him across the board. However, I don't think we should defund planned parenthood, I don't give a hoot about who marries who, I think everyone(terrorist or not) is deserving of a trial, among some other somewhat "moderate" views. I'm also against common core, Obamacare, and taxing the shit out of the rich.

I sure do wish he wasn't such a raging ass hole though.

I'm mainly against RJ calling the workplace of those he chats with on the internet in efforts to get them fired. I just think that's a pretty low blow.

I pretty much align with him across the board. However, I don't think we should defund planned parenthood, I don't give a hoot about who marries who, I think everyone(terrorist or not) is deserving of a trial, among some other somewhat "moderate" views. I'm also against common core, Obamacare, and taxing the shit out of the rich.

I sure do wish he wasn't such a raging ass hole though.

Right, but what does "align with him across the board" mean?

I know he wants to build a wall and become isolationist from a military standpoint---what else?

Back