• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George H.W. Bush shaves head to show solidarity with Cancer patient

GaDeac

Reaction score
Nice gesture......send the kid some HW's socks.....they are cool.

Definitely a great move by a great man but I could not help but think of something reading about this (perhaps I am just an old skeptic). Why set up a website to cover his medical bills when he could probably cover his medical bills and hardly notice?

I hate myself for even thinking that...

From what I understood, the security detail set up the website. When the Bushes found out, they donated. They didn't set up the website.

For some reason I can't open the OP link from my phone but from this article:

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1408072

It sounds like he helped set it up. Perhaps that means he found about it and contributed a substantial amount. I just they would have made that clear.

Either way, what he did is absolutely great. I should not have said anything. Even if he didn't give a dime (and I am sir he did) the attention this has generated will drive tons of funding.

Best president since forever or perhaps Truman

Are you high? The economy sucked under him. The first Gulf War should have been avoided. Many of our problems since may not have happened had he done the right thing.

He's a good man, but a below average POTUS.

The picture is amazing.

original-6765-1374697948-10.jpg

HW was an OK President, but he's an exceptional human being and one of the best ex-Presidents ever. Good for him.

Is RJ saying that Saddam should have been allowed to invade and occupy Kuwait? That would have done wonders for the stability of the region.

nothing democrats like more than a retired republican

good on HW for doing this. classy man.

History is only going to look more fondly at the relative efficiency with which HW executed the first Gulf War.

Is RJ saying that Saddam should have been allowed to invade and occupy Kuwait? That would have done wonders for the stability of the region.

What i'm saying is he would have never invaded if our Ambassador had told him we'd kick his ass if he did.

I'm wondering what HW is going to do on his next birthday? He jumped out of a plane a couple of years ago. Maybe he'll bungy jump. :)

I wonder if he could parlay this act into something good an ongoing. I bet someone would think about putting out a line of HW socks with the proceeds going to childhood cancer research and for poor patients.

I think it would raise millions of dollars for a good cause.

Back