• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Give Bzz a chance

Whether a troll/parody thread or not, it is amazing to me that numerous people find the fans actions toward [Redacted] as extreme. I can confidently say that at any other "Big Five"/BCS school there would be something much, much more extreme and forceful going on (if the AD still kept a bad coach, which would never have happened). It also helps to have a lot of television/radio/newspaper people that aren't controlled by the school they cover. Radio is shot for Wake since Stan pretty much has to get rubber stamped by Wellman, local tv generally doesn't care, and newspaper is Dan, who is finally speaking up but he's alone in the media. Also helps to have a bunch of fans who care, not just a small amount like Wake's fanbase.

Every now and again it hits me that this fucking loser is still our head coach and all I can do is shake my head. Wellman may endup losing a generation of fans if this doesn't get fixed in a hurry.

Excellent point IslandDeac, Look at Dooley at Tennessee,Weiss at ND,Callahan at Nebraska, and how they were treated. Gene Chizek at Auburn was classic. They Booed him off the plane, cheered a National Championship, then booed him back on to the plane. Our problem is that Wellman can ignore us. he doesn't need our $125 donations, but he has to answer why nobody is showing up to the BB games. $8 million for an empty building will draw the pressure needed for change.

... to resign gracefully and find career bliss somewhere else.

Personally,I would be happy if he left tomorrow and they let Battle be HC for a year and see how it goes.

Wellman may endup losing a generation of fans if this doesn't get fixed in a hurry.

This is exactly what may happen. He has turned me from a diehard Deacon fan into someone who doesn't watch games and only lightly follows the news. Many of my friends who (used to) care feel the same way. Generally speaking, the only people willing to tolerate this mess are those who never cared that much to start with and those who have bought their way to insider status and don't want to risk being kicked out of the club by admitting what a disaster WFU sports has needlessly become.

This is exactly what may happen. He has turned me from a diehard Deacon fan into someone who doesn't watch games and only lightly follows the news. Many of my friends who (used to) care feel the same way. Generally speaking, the only people willing to tolerate this mess are those who never cared that much to start with and those who have bought their way to insider status and don't want to risk being kicked out of the club by admitting what a disaster WFU sports has needlessly become.

^^^ +1 ^^^

Last edited:

Too true, all too sad and true, especially the part about who has been left uncomplaining about Buzz and Ron. Perhaps, in our current culture phoniness has become an essential attribute. Thanks Ron, and whoever else is responsible.

Too true, all too sad and true, especially the part about who has been left uncomplaining about Buzz and Ron. Perhaps, in our current culture at Wake Forest phoniness has become an essential attribute. Thanks Ron, and whoever else is responsible.

Added for clarification...

And it certainly appears that RW has been successful at installing this new culture of phoniness at Wake.

Yep spot on. Especially the bolded.

Based on what I've seen from afar, these issues aren't new. More people are just realizing them because Bz is just that bad.

Imagine Bzz at Kentucky. Just imagine. Bringing culture change to the bluegrass state. He'd have to have 24/7 security at this point. He's fortunate to be at Wake.

This is true but I do have a friend who still believes Bzz is doing the right thing. What that means I have no idea. He probably doesn't either but he thinks Bzz is going to turn things around. There are fans out there who still buy into the Wellman mantra believe it or not. And they are not all high rollers. Wellman's mind meld with these fans still hasn't ebbed.

No real need to improve our team when no-name programs like Syracuse, Louisville, and Pitt are joining our conference.

I'm guessing bzzz pays selective attention and believes he's doing a credible job because a few supporters have said so. "Ignore the fringe lunatics and keep doing what you're doing," they say. Personally, if I had a job that paid me a bizillion dollars and I stunk up the place year after year, I'd experience some serious angst. Wish that were the case with bzzkill. He should acknowledge (at least to himself) that he's in over his pencil neck and protruding ears, pack his ties in the back of the Prius and leave. He can live very comfortably off the millions we've paid him for sucking.

I still don't think you've given Bzz a chance you guys.

I guess three disastrous years is not enough. When he finishes around .500 this year making four disastrous seasons, how many years further worth of chances should he get?

The tiny person is just trolling, you guys. Stop feeding it, or it might grow above the hefty 5'4" that is currently stands.

Back