• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Givens on ESPN Fantasy Football's Super Deep Sleeper List

wolfdeac

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=nfldk2k12_superdeepsleepers

Chris Givens, WR, St. Louis Rams: Remember the rookie year Torrey Smith had? Seven TDs (three in one memorable Week 3 game) that went for the following yardage: 74, 41, 18, 26, 38, 8 and 36. Plus, he also tied Calvin Johnson for 10th in average yards at the catch among WRs. In other words: Rookies who run ridiculously fast can sometimes produce, and despite the fact that he was drafted in the fourth round this spring (as opposed to Smith, who was an '11 second-rounder), Givens fits that bill. Anyone who watched the Rams' first preseason game saw them fire it very deep to Givens three times. The kid ran a 4.37 at this winter's combine, and while I don't figure he'll win a starting job right away, I don't consider guys like Brian Quick, Greg Salas, Danario Alexander and the other Steve Smith so great that Givens won't eventually get looks. Is a 1,000-yard season unlikely? You bet. But my guess is that he blows the lid off a few defenses this season with game-changing plays, and if those add up, he could become fantasy-relevant quickly.

Back