• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GIVING UP STADIUM SEATS RIGHTS?

So how did giving up the tower seats work? Just say I'm not doing it any more?

As someone who doesn't have more money than he knows what to do with, why the heck did anyone buy seat's rights to begin with? It's not like it's the only way to get decent football tix.

Just a way to donate dollars to the FB team. Nothing more than that for me.

As someone who doesn't have more money than he knows what to do with, why the heck did anyone buy seat's rights to begin with? It's not like it's the only way to get decent football tix.

They told me after the big '06 season that I would lose my seats if I didn't participate in the seats rights program.

I gave up my seats rights last year while continuing with season tickets. Next year will reduce contribution to lowest level DC. Current plans are not to buy season tickets but instead buy as needed. As we all know there is no bad seat in the stadium. I expect the record will be better next year but not willing to put money on it.

Spend more effort and time tailgating. It's far more rewarding than actually watching the games.

its amazing how many people don't understand this. its even a great idea during the good times too

Adding PSLs to Groves was one of the dumbest things the Athletic Department has ever done. You want to make Wake football affordable, not exclusive. So fucking stupid. Next year will be the first year our family doesn't buy season tickets in over 10 years, it just isn't worth the money anymore.

Last edited:
I am an alum who purchased basketball tickets since 1971 and football since 1986. I live two miles from the stadium/coliseum and I gave up football and basketball tickets for this year...cancelled my DC membership too. The Billings debacle was the last straw for me. I was stunned how little I missed football - and not buying basketball tickets rates as one of the best financial decisions I have ever made.

Adding PSLs to Groves was one of the dumbest things the Athletic Department has ever done. You want to make Wake football affordable, not exclusive. So fucking stupid. Next year will be the first year our family doesn't buy season tickets in over 10 years, it just isn't worth the money anymore.

Disagree wholeheartedly. Season tickets are still incredibly affordable, as no one has to participate in the seats rights program to have access to tickets. The seats rights program was a great way for the athletic department to capitalize on the 2006-2008 success. Too bad the team hasn't done the same... Seat rights simply give you the right to buy season tickets in the same seats for your purchased term - no one is forcing anyone to continue to buy season tickets. While seat rights are completely unnecessary for a school like Wake, and I was surprised they sold as well as they did, the seat rights program was actually a very smart move by the athletic department.

Yeah, the PSLs were free money. It was a brilliant idea. Buying them may have been dumb in terms of cost v. benefit, but it was never about getting a specified benefit for me.

Disagree wholeheartedly. Season tickets are still incredibly affordable, as no one has to participate in the seats rights program to have access to tickets. The seats rights program was a great way for the athletic department to capitalize on the 2006-2008 success. Too bad the team hasn't done the same... Seat rights simply give you the right to buy season tickets in the same seats for your purchased term - no one is forcing anyone to continue to buy season tickets. While seat rights are completely unnecessary for a school like Wake, and I was surprised they sold as well as they did, the seat rights program was actually a very smart move by the athletic department.

You mean I have to continue to pay after the 10 year term to keep the seats? I somehow thought they were mine after the 10 year term simply by buying the tickets.

You mean I have to continue to pay after the 10 year term to keep the seats? I somehow thought they were mine after the 10 year term simply by buying the tickets.

You are mistaken. The DC can sell your seats to another member at that time if you don't repurchase your seat rights.

First year since 1979 the family hasn't been in DC... Partly due.to moving, but was made easy because of the sad state of athletics.

I am dumping my basketball super seats after this year.

We have had them since 1989 when Joel opened paid 30k for 4 seats that are a few rows from the floor and mid-court. A combination of the ACC Expansion, lack of interest and crappy environment are contributing to the decision. Instead of the $1800 contribution required for the rights to continue to purchase the seats and the $2800 for the 4 seats, I'll make a minimum deacon club contribution and watch the games on the tube..maybe.

You are mistaken. The DC can sell your seats to another member at that time if you don't repurchase your seat rights.

Thank you. I have made up my mind to let the seat rights go. I noticed several other Deacs with first or few posts who are also disenchanted--some with many years of donations and allegiance--who are giving up too. But I will just buy tickets for now wherever they may be. Plus, there are always the beloved scalper tickets.

I am dumping my basketball super seats after this year.

We have had them since 1989 when Joel opened paid 30k for 4 seats that are a few rows from the floor and mid-court. A combination of the ACC Expansion, lack of interest and crappy environment are contributing to the decision. Instead of the $1800 contribution required for the rights to continue to purchase the seats and the $2800 for the 4 seats, I'll make a minimum deacon club contribution and watch the games on the tube..maybe.

This is a dagger to the AD. Can't lose whales like this.

Back