• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

God

marquee moon

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
I spent a nice few days with my family in Italy. As it were I ended up being the last man standing. On the day I was to leave, there was a cloudless blue sky like I have never seen. I hemmed and hawed and dashed into the best museum in town. Standing in front of what I consider the second greatest old school painting ever (Giorgione's "The Tempest"), I struck up a conversation with a very young modern priest. In that moment, I understood the attraction of the concept of a God, and I even let him bless me upon his request. Now, 3 days later I remain skeptical about a God like wrangor believes, but I did feel the comfort and beauty of a god created solely from the human imagination and I now understand again faith.

It was a moment my doubting mind will never forget.

Last edited:
300px-giorgione_019.jpg

I spent a nice few days with my family in Italy. As it were I ended up being the last man standing. On the day I was to leave, there was a cloudless blue sky like I have never seen. I hemmed and hawed and dashed into the best museum in town. Standing in front of what I consider the second greatest old school painting ever (Giorgione's "The Tempest"), I struck up a conversation with a very young modern priest. In that moment, I understood the attraction of the concept of a God, and I even let him bless me upon his request. Now, 3 days later I remain skeptical about a God like wrangor believes, but I did feel the comfort and beauty of a god created solely from the human imagination and I now understand again faith.

Explain. Truly curious. What do you understand?

He'll understand how long it takes to come down from whatever mickey that "modern young priest" slipped into his limoncello.

I love it. Great introspection Moonz!

So, moonz believes that he has been blessed by a god that is the product of his imagination. It's something, but very far from "great introspection". Awesome.

Moon, if you do not understand it now. Perhaps 25-30 years from now, in retrospect the meaning will become clear.

Moon, if you do not understand it now. Perhaps 25-30 years from now, in retrospect the meaning will become clear.

...and people say atheists can be condescending

Sorry to be cynical, but if you have the same experience on a shitty day in Detroit, then you may have something.

What was his interpretation of Gravity?

Back