• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going paperless?

RevDeac06

OGBoards Chaplain
Reaction score
Anyone done it with one of those little scanners? Experience with Doxie? Scansnap?

I have tons of magazine and journal pages that I have for sermon ideas/illustrations and would love to easily organize and find them when needed.

sent via Tapatalk on Galaxy Note II

Last edited:
I have a Scansnap. I like it, but the Mac Scansnap software isn't nearly as good as the Windows version. If you use Windows, I'd go with a Scansnap (and avoid Windows 8 like Buzz avoids eye contact). If Mac, I'd look at a Doxie. For general organization, Evernote is pretty wonderful.

I have a Scansnap. I like it, but the Mac Scansnap software isn't nearly as good as the Windows version. If you use Windows, I'd go with a Scansnap (and avoid Windows 8 like Buzz avoids eye contact). If Mac, I'd look at a Doxie. For general organization, Evernote is pretty wonderful.

Thanks. I'm on Windows and use evernote, so that sounds good. Do you have the mobile Scansnap or the desktop model?

Thanks. I'm on Windows and use evernote, so that sounds good. Do you have the mobile Scansnap or the desktop model?

I have the desktop, because I want the document feeder for multi-page documents. I like that Lifehacker article, except for the Eye-Fi part. My experience with Eye-Fi cards is that they suck.

Make sure you keep good backups.

Back