• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going to GA- Bring your gun to the airport!

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Yep, you can bring your gun or guns to any airport in GA. You can have them in full view or concealed in any area excluded from TSA screening.

You can wait in baggage claim with your AK out and loaded. You can drink in a bar with your Glock.

On the way home you take your loaded guns with you into bars and nightclubs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/us/georgia-governor-signs-gun-bill/

Yep this makes sense.

This is dangerous. Just the other day, I was thinking of walking into an airport and shooting someone until I noticed the no guns sign on the door.

Yep, you can bring your gun or guns to any airport in GA. You can have them in full view or concealed in any area excluded from TSA screening.

You can wait in baggage claim with your AK out and loaded. You can drink in a bar with your Glock.

On the way home you take your loaded guns with you into bars and nightclubs.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/23/us/georgia-governor-signs-gun-bill/

Yep this makes sense.

But you are not allowed to drink and shoot simultaneously within the TSA screening area proper? Everyone needs to get this straight so we don't antagonize the nice TSA folks serving our body cavity searching needs.

" the legislation ... was opposed by Georgia law enforcement, county commissioners, municipal leaders, and the Transportation Security Administration for its potentially harmful impact on Georgians' safety."

While the bill says no one is allowed to carry a firearm past an airport's security screening checkpoint, it allows guns in other areas, including "an airport drive, general parking area, walkway, or shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoint."

Every aspect of this bill is ridiculous, and if you bring a gun to a bar, a church, or an airport, you're an asshole with a very tiny penis.

The junior peanut ain't no fool. He's leading by 7 points in the polls.

The bill, which easily navigated the state Legislature -- by a 112-58 vote in the House and a 37-18 tally in the Senate -- also earned the support of Democratic state Sen. Jason Carter, the grandson of ex-President Jimmy Carter and a 2014 gubernatorial candidate.

Flying into Atlanta was bad enough.

The junior peanut ain't no fool. He's leading by 7 points in the polls.

The bill, which easily navigated the state Legislature -- by a 112-58 vote in the House and a 37-18 tally in the Senate -- also earned the support of Democratic state Sen. Jason Carter, the grandson of ex-President Jimmy Carter and a 2014 gubernatorial candidate, who evidently has peanuts for balls.

FIFY

California allows open carry of unloaded handguns and a few years ago various gun advocacy groups began showing up at various coffee and fast food places with their guns. Predictably the local franchise owners told then they weren't welcome because too many customers complained. It's one thing for merchants in California to object, but it's significantly different when Target and Chipotle in Texas and Georgia are also objecting. Gun groups also seem shocked every time it happens, but I don't quite get what their end game is? The government could never confiscate 300 million guns even if they wanted to and there zero chance that the a constitutional amendment revising/removing the second amendment would ever pass. Why deliberately antagonize others when there's zero upside to your actions?

California allows open carry of unloaded handguns and a few years ago various gun advocacy groups began showing up at various coffee and fast food places with their guns. Predictably the local franchise owners told then they weren't welcome because too many customers complained. It's one thing for merchants in California to object, but it's significantly different when Target and Chipotle in Texas and Georgia are also objecting. Gun groups also seem shocked every time it happens, but I don't quite get what their end game is? The government could never confiscate 300 million guns even if they wanted to and there zero chance that the a constitutional amendment revising/removing the second amendment would ever pass. Why deliberately antagonize others when there's zero upside to your actions?

They aren't called Gun Nuts for nothing.

They aren't called Gun Nuts for nothing.

Totally agree there are plenty of Gun Nuts out there.

A couple of years ago when my mother-in-law passed away, the family had a reception after the funeral outside at a park. They rented a pavilion, everyone brought food, it was very nice. Until one of my wife's idiot cousins showed wearing a gun in a holster. There are plenty of gun owners in my wife's family, but every one was like WTF?

I don't think gun nuts understand that people can't tell if they are the crazy person who is going to shoot up the place or the wannabe cowboy who will try to save them.

That, or they enjoy the power that the ambiguity gives them.

Good point.

Totally agree there are plenty of Gun Nuts out there.

A couple of years ago when my mother-in-law passed away, the family had a reception after the funeral outside at a park. They rented a pavilion, everyone brought food, it was very nice. Until one of my wife's idiot cousins showed wearing a gun in a holster. There are plenty of gun owners in my wife's family, but every one was like WTF?

I have not ever understood this logic.

"Ok I've got my keys, my wallet, my sunglasses, what am I missing? Oh duh...my Glock. Now I'm ready for the day."

" the legislation ... was opposed by Georgia law enforcement, county commissioners, municipal leaders, and the Transportation Security Administration for its potentially harmful impact on Georgians' safety."

While the bill says no one is allowed to carry a firearm past an airport's security screening checkpoint, it allows guns in other areas, including "an airport drive, general parking area, walkway, or shops and areas of the terminal that are outside the screening checkpoint."

Every aspect of this bill is ridiculous, and if you bring a gun to a bar, a church, or an airport, you're an asshole with a very tiny penis.

Considering there are multiple church shootings across the country I wouldn't fault someone for carrying a concealed weapon to church. I know several carry at my church and it is a little comforting knowing that if someone comes in blasting they are probably going down before they can do too much damage.

Considering there are multiple church shootings across the country I wouldn't fault someone for carrying a concealed weapon to church. I know several carry at my church and it is a little comforting knowing that if someone comes in blasting they are probably going down before they can do too much damage.

There are? Really? Well, I guess it is Mississippi...

There have been 293 incidents resulting in the murder of someone else in churches across the US.

Over the last 15 years. (1999-2014)

There are approximately 450,000 churches in the US.

If we assume only 1% of the US population attends church, approximately 3,000,000:

Your chances of being shot in church are 0.0000651%

The number of accidental gun deaths was 824 in 1999 alone.

Last edited:

And you automatically trust said people to accurately lay waste to the shooter?

Christianity: you're doing it wrong.

Back