• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Going to Miami (bienvenidos a miami)

In Fort Lauderdale, go down Las Olas. In Miami Beach, go down Lincoln.

If you aren't into the club scene or are on any sort of a budget, there is very little to do. Fort Lauderdale has an art museum downtown, Miami Beach has a few. Maybe try to go to a different national Latin restaurant every night (except Mexican, which is for some reason terrible down here). Miracle Mile in Coral Gables is nice. Downtown Miami is very narrow- don't go past Dixie Highway.

Maybe check out Wynwood. There are several small artsy places there. Hit the beach.

In Fort Lauderdale, go down Las Olas. In Miami Beach, go down Lincoln.

If you aren't into the club scene or are on any sort of a budget, there is very little to do. Fort Lauderdale has an art museum downtown, Miami Beach has a few. Maybe try to go to a different national Latin restaurant every night (except Mexican, which is for some reason terrible down here). Miracle Mile in Coral Gables is nice. Downtown Miami is very narrow- don't go past Dixie Highway.

Maybe check out Wynwood. There are several small artsy places there. Hit the beach.

Why should Mexican food be good in Miami/south beach?

For fast good in south Florida I love pollo tropical.

alright people who know things about Miami, I'm going to Miami Beach in a few weeks for a work trip. I won't have a ton of time to do much outside of conference/networking stuff, but I'll need a good breakfast place and bar rec's for one evening out. I'm staying on Collins ave. GO!

There's a big 24 hour diner I went to during the OB trip on a corner in South Beach that was solid. Don't remember the name though.

Collins Ave is a 13 mile long road. So specifying that isn't gonna do much good.

It's a hot spot in a good location. The heart of South Beach isn't 13 miles.

Bumping this. Going to be staying at Surfcomber in South Beach on Thursday night followed by two nights in Sunny Isles. Agenda is all taken care of other than dinner Thursday night. Any good recs for a nice place?

Back