• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Golf recs in Charleston...

EbertStreetDeac

Reaction score
Anyone got some good recommendations for golf in Charleston, SC? Heading down next weekend and looking for a Saturday morning tee time before settling in for an afternoon of football.

Where are you staying?

Dunes West, Charleston National, and Patriot's Point are all in Mount Pleasant, are fun courses, and very scenic.

Downtown...would love to play Ocean Course, but that will be out of the price range for a number of people in the group.

Downtown...would love to play Ocean Course, but that will be out of the price range for a number of people in the group.

I'll throw in River Towne CC with the three I already mentioned, although I haven't personally played that course.

Blackbeard's Cove is a nice little course, but every time I play the 18th hole, I lose the ball.

I've only played Wild Dunes down there, and it was quite nice.

Most of my friends like Patriot's Point the best, but Charleston National and Dunes West are also good. There are also some good one's towards goose creek and summerville if you don't mind a bit of a drive.

Charleston National is my favorite and Dunes West is a close second. Don't forget about the Muni! Beers are 2 bucks from the cart girl there.

Reviving this thread. Heading to Charleston in a few weeks. Staying in Isle of Palms. Looking to play once maybe twice with my Dad. Is the Dunes Links course worth it?

Reviving this thread. Heading to Charleston in a few weeks. Staying in Isle of Palms. Looking to play once maybe twice with my Dad. Is the Dunes Links course worth it?

Yeah, it's a good course, even though the last couple of holes got reworked due to erosion. You can play in the afternoon for somewhere around $65 if you book through one of the websites. That offer may be available through the pro shop too. I wouldn't pay full price.

Harbor Course is much more narrow than the Links, so if you don't hit it straight, all the time, stick with the Links.

I played Dunes a few months back. Was -1 thru 12 when a damn hurricane hit. Course closed and it was our last day so we never got to finish.

Actually, can probably work out a deal with you. I have four 9 hole rain checks in my wallet from where we didn't get to finish. You and pops could play 9 holes twice or combine them for 18. Shoot me a PM

You guys are awesome and PM sent. Biff-I'm coming after you for some restaurant recs. I dated a girl in Charleston a couple years ago and got down there a few times.

Back