• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Golf Rules Question

DC,
Actually, the pro might be more concerned with his job, especially if the member was in the governing structure of the club, our current pro was forced out at his previous job because he tried to enforce rules and made the wrong people mad.

Yeesh. Didn't think of that. Why don't you improve your lie a little? Yes, yes. Winter rules...

I was playing last weekend and the guys in front of us were tearing up the green with their spikes. Must have just changed them out or something. I told my group that I was going to repair the marks, rules be damned. They would up helping me clean up the green before out putts.

Last weekend some clown playing ahead of me managed to rip up the just about every green with Eccos. I didn't think that was possible.

Yeesh. Didn't think of that. Why don't you improve your lie a little? Yes, yes. Winter rules...

I've sat on the board of a private club for 4+ years now and nothing surprises me anymore. We had a female board member who wasted 3 of our monthly board meetings trying to get a male member suspended because he drew a penis on a closest to the pin marker in a member event. Keep in mid that at this time we were staring a rough economic situation for golf clubs right in the face.

Should have asked her what she didn't like about the penis, and then no matter what she said after that, just kept repeating, "No, I mean SPECIFICALLY what did you not like about the penis?" until she gave up and left in a fury.

Yeah, but you'd think someone in the finals of a member-member would know one of the more basic rules of the game. This isn't some strange/tricky situation where you need to go to your rule book. This is basic 101 type stuff.

The guy is a 4 handicap, so it seemed impossible that he would think that was within the rules, however he didn't try to hide what he was doing, so I don't know.

If there was a pro monitoring your match and he said that was no big deal, he either didn't understand what happened, doesn't give a shit about your match and the rules of golf, or is the type of pro who doesn't know the rules and has never played competitively at any level.

That's not a close call or obscure rule. I'd put it right up there with tapping down spike marks on a green or grounding your club in a hazard.

The pro was away from where the infraction occurred. I mentioned it to him and he went to discuss it with the player. I didn't go over with him, so I don't know what was said - what he was told I decided to let them work it out and just live with it. I don't blame the pro at all.

Back