• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOLFERS! - need directions advice through CLT on way to Pinehurst

Why the Deac Not

Frederic Fuckin' Chopin
Reaction score
Any golfers / travelers here familiar with the I-85 corridor near University Blvd and U Charlotte? Specifically, is the construction or reconstruction of Exit 42 (I-85 Connector) finished and is that exit even open right now? I want to cut over to Harris Blvd to hook up with Albemarle Rd. Would I be better off just going up a few miles further to the 485 interchange and using that to work my way over to Albemarle Rd / NC 24/27?

Thanks for the help!

Not a golfer so I may not be qualified to answer this, but take 485. You can do 75 or 80 mph on 485, and Harris is all stop and go lights. If you get in the right lane on 85 as you approach 485, you don't feel too much of the construction delay.

Are you coming from Georgia? If so, if you are not going during rush hour I would probably get off 85 at the Brookshire / 277 exit (36), then get on 74 to 24/27. I wouldn't do that during rush hour though. There are a couple of lights that way on 24/27, but it would be quicker than going all the way around (again, not in rush hour).

Get to the center of the state, park, take your bag out of your car , there should be a course nearby.

Thanks 2&2!! Wasnt just for golfers! ;)

Ya, we're gonna be cutting it fine and too close to rush hour to mess with Independence or else I would do just that. At least it is not a Friday afternoon. Figured Id be better off taking my chances with Harris and sounds like 485 isn't too messy like on the south side just yet. At least not in comparison to the construction mess Id encounter if I were to get off at 42 or take my chances going Independence via 485 south.

Nothin too special but got sum good hookups at Foxfire and Whispering Pines. Playing both courses at FF on Fri and then prolly an extra 9-12 at Longleaf GC Sat evening.

It's my Bachelor Party weekend so not all the guys are regular golfers. Want them to have plenty of money to buy my drinks all weekend long! :D

U play any of those timdunk?

Back