• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

I'm not sure, we just ordered the drinks, not the bottle.

B&D, your presence has been requested on the barrel thread.

Jesus Whiskey 10: Auchentoshan Virgin Oak. Me, I like Auchentoshan. In general they all remind me of Christmas. Vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon. This one is no different. Nice spice, smooth finish. I dig it, though I'm not surprised.

As for drinking glasses, I typically prefer to drink my neat whiskey out of a small rocks glass. I found these at a vintage barware shop in the area and absolutely love them. They are from the 50s.

e0a23c2aa498c24d96ac24fd99f56b38.jpg

I've been working in Lexington for about 3 weeks now and finally got a free minute to venture out to the liquor store. May have been the best idea ever. I picked up a Four Roses Single Barrell Private Selection for the LiquorBarn. OBSF 35% Rye mash. Looking forward to opening it up tonight. I've got basically any bourbon at my fingertips besides Pappy, what do you guys suggest? Heard good things about Willet on here right?

I've been working in Lexington for about 3 weeks now and finally got a free minute to venture out to the liquor store. May have been the best idea ever. I picked up a Four Roses Single Barrell Private Selection for the LiquorBarn. OBSF 35% Rye mash. Looking forward to opening it up tonight. I've got basically any bourbon at my fingertips besides Pappy, what do you guys suggest? Heard good things about Willet on here right?

The Willet rye that retails in the $35-40 range with the green wax isn't bad, but not stellar. Still worth a look if you like rye though. But if you are looking at the Willet pot still in the funny shaped bottle then just keep walking. Not very good. If they have very spendy Willet then it is generally very good and always worth a look. But it's increasingly hard to come by these days. I just picked up a couple of stepper bottles a couple of weeks ago.

Please check out the Bourbon Barrel thread if you are participating and confirm your allotment if you haven't done so already. THANKS!

Love the Glencairn glasses I got for Christmas last year. Use them all the time. Must have for anyone who loves bourbon.

Jesus whiskey 11: Bowmore 23 year 1989 Port Mautured. Wo, this is fantastic. Smokey, very rich deep flavors. Very smooth. This is top fucking notch. Fuck.

Nice...what letter did you get?

Blanton's seems to be in supply here right now. Picked up a bottle a month ago...letter H. I have no idea what the letter means. We went three months without Elmer T Lee before it finally came back. OWA is out now and has been for a month, but I stocked up with a few bottles the last time they had it. I had to cut some deals with a friend whose uncle owned a liquor store a few months ago to get a bottle of Rock Hill Farms. I haven't seen it anywhere, but I did get the bottle for free. The ebbs and flows of the bourbon supply and what they have in stock is very inconsistent in KCMO. I would love to get some Willet (not pot stove), but have never seen a bottle in the wild.

Just finished off a low fill Willett tonight that had been hanging around for a while. 123.4pf and 11 years old and very low heat when drunk neat. I miss when these were $50 a bottle. Should have bought many more!

Bears and Deacs, deacswfu, RacerDeac, RedHatDeac, slothrop, & packgrad1992 - Please go to the bourbon barrel thread and confirm your allotment. Thanks!

Back