• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Scored big at the Lenior ABC store today. 3 bottles of EC12 with the 12 on the front and 6 bottles of OWA.

I'm up to 8 750ml bottles of EC12 (5 with 12 in front), 1 1.75L bottle of EC12 with the 12 on the front and 10 bottles of OWA.

No OGD 114 at the High Point ABC this weekend. Did get the wife some dark rum as she wanted to drink some dark and stormy's friday night.

Nice!!

I found a couple ogd 114s for the bunker today

One of my local stores always has OGD114. Never seen them not have it. And I can't remember ever seeing it at any other store around.

re OGD114, to clarify, it is now stocked at main warehouse in Raleigh. it can take weeks to get out to stores. also possible that your county purchasing manager may need to specifically order it from raleigh to have it carried regularly on the shelves.

Didn't find shit in Savannah or hilton head. I'm sure I missed a few places but the selection officially sucks. Ended up buying some Ritt BIB to supplement the OWA private pick I brought with me on vacation.

Bears and Deacs - what's the best place to find OWA in Atlanta (preferably ITP, but I'll drive if I have to)?

Bears and Deacs - what's the best place to find OWA in Atlanta (preferably ITP, but I'll drive if I have to)?

I haven't seen it in a while, but I would think that Tower or Green's would be your best bet due to their volume. Maybe that liquor store at Toco Hills (can't remember the name of it though). I don't think any of them have any right now though...if I find some i'll let you know. What part of town are you in?

If you're ever out in Conyers make sure you stop by Sigmans Bottle Shop. I haven't been there since about 2013ish, but they used to have a great selection, one of the best I've seen in the greater Atlanta area. I was pulling some older BTAC bottles out of there for a few years, before it started getting picked over.

I'm in Midtown and Tower is usually my go-to big liquor store (Mac's and Ansley Wine Merchants are my other most frequented). I hit up Giant (I think that's the name of the one at Toco Hills) occasionally. If you see any OWA (or anything else exciting) around town, definitely let me know!

ISO: Blanton's w/date 12/11/15
FT: $$ or different bottle of Blantons (one I have at home)

ISO: Blanton's w/date 12/11/15
FT: $$ or different bottle of Blantons (one I have at home)

I've got two unopened at home and I will check the dates. Just curious, why are you looking for that specific date?

I've got two unopened at home and I will check the dates. Just curious, why are you looking for that specific date?

Thanks for checking.

My daughter (first child) was born on that date - as my interest in bourbon has picked up over the last 6 months I've kind of geeked out at the idea of having a bottle that shares her birth date. Blanton's is the only bourbon I know of with a hand written date on the bottle, so that's what I'm looking for. Would be open to other bourbon's that were bottled on her birthday if I could find one.

Thanks for checking.

My daughter (first child) was born on that date - as my interest in bourbon has picked up over the last 6 months I've kind of geeked out at the idea of having a bottle that shares her birth date. Blanton's is the only bourbon I know of with a hand written date on the bottle, so that's what I'm looking for. Would be open to other bourbon's that were bottled on her birthday if I could find one.

Awesome idea! I got into bourbon a little too late for that. My daughters were born in 2006 and 2011, so I am sitting on my only bottle of Weller 12 and this years PHC release I plan to open at their weddings. Unless I can get my hands on something else rare or I stumble on something bottled the years they were born.

Awesome idea! I got into bourbon a little too late for that. My daughters were born in 2006 and 2011, so I am sitting on my only bottle of Weller 12 and this years PHC release I plan to open at their weddings. Unless I can get my hands on something else rare or I stumble on something bottled the years they were born.

You could always buy the EWSB 2006 release. It was bottled this year but went into the barrel in 2006.

One of my buddy's dads bought a bottle of scotch the day he was born and opened it the night of the rehearsal dinner. He was 30 at that point.

goddamn weller antique is good

just a few months ago i was able to pick up private barrel OWA picks at hi time wine cellars but just this weekend i had to beg someone to check the back for one bottle. times have changed.

i think i might boycott these dudes though. apparently the owner will poach pappy BTAC deliveries at other local stores and mark them way up since he knows the delivery schedule.

Back