• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Are the worries about double boxing, sloshing, parafilm, etc, etc overstated? Do I need to make up a fake label for a BBQ Sauce company or is that all a bunch of BS?

You could do parafilm or Saran Wrap around the top of the bottle just to prevent any possibility of leaking. You can label it if you want - BBQ sauce, snow globes, olive oil, etc. You can also put a small amount of rice or split peas in the box so you hear those and not liquid sloshing around.

Sounds good. I've only traded locally in the past. Given the price tag on this bottle, I don't want to screw it up.

You could do parafilm or Saran Wrap around the top of the bottle just to prevent any possibility of leaking. You can label it if you want - BBQ sauce, snow globes, olive oil, etc. You can also put a small amount of rice or split peas in the box so you hear those and not liquid sloshing around.
DeacCav, you reading this?!

Are you parting ways with your bottle of Pappy?
Yup. I've been trying to trade it for a bunch of OFBB for a while and never could work a deal. Slapped a price on it since it's Pappy season and it sold almost immediately.

Anyone have an unopened bottle of Evan Williams SB that was "put in oak" in 2006 they would like to sell or trade?

I ended up buying this is and it's perfect for a wine-shaped bottle. Double boxing it back into the box it was sent to me in with a load of air pillows around it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LBJ1854/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fun bourbon night with a fellow board member. Plenty of good drinking options!

90d826038118392cc37cbd2ce0a43874.jpg

What do Board manhattan drinkers use other than bourbon and sweet vermouth? dab of bitters?

Thanks to Bears and Deacs for a good time and some great bourbon last night! Excited to finally have my bottles from the barrel pick!

What do Board manhattan drinkers use other than bourbon and sweet vermouth? dab of bitters?

Rye whiskey and dry vermouth. More specifically, I prefer the 'Perfect Manhattan' which is equal parts sweet and dry vermouth, with rye whiskey and a dash of bitters.

ETA: Don't forget to stir...Manhattans should not be shaken.

Last edited:
Yo Bears - is that a 2016 Birthday Bourbon in the front right of your picture? How do you like it? How does it compare to other years?

Back