• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

So what RJ doesn’t know (before catching feelings anyway) is that different states get different allocations/distributions. It’s especially noticeable with the Buffalo trace bourbons. For example in NC they tend to pop up sporadically but in other states they’re as common as they ever were. I remember hearing at one point that Weller was everywhere in Texas while in NC it was totally gone.

I have heard this as well.

congrats...at least you won the right to buy something. is this the orange curaco parker's? the wake county lottery is huge...not sure it is above board either.

Yes, it is the orange curaco finish. I've also got a bottle of the malt whiskey I haven't opened yet.

So what RJ doesn’t know (before catching feelings anyway) is that different states get different allocations/distributions. It’s especially noticeable with the Buffalo trace bourbons. For example in NC they tend to pop up sporadically but in other states they’re as common as they ever were. I remember hearing at one point that Weller was everywhere in Texas while in NC it was totally gone.

I understand that. All I was doing was trying to give some help. I gave an option to call. Nothing else.

All Bubble Boy was doing was being an asshole. How would anyone possibly know definitively without asking?

But keep giving cover to boorish behavior. Who knows people may take your MO and vote for an asshole for POTUS.

Last year in Kansas they had cases of Weller stacked in the aisle. I asked if they should ship it but no go, so went out and bought bubble wrap and brought 3 handles home in a suitcase.

Last year in Kansas they had cases of Weller stacked in the aisle. I asked if they should ship it but no go, so went out and bought bubble wrap and brought 3 handles home in a suitcase.

you should have asked rj for the best place to buy booze in kansas

what whiskey advent calendars do you guys recommend?

Can confirm. One of my stores in TX had ~10 bottles of Weller Special Reserve and another store has ~15 of Buffalo Trace. No Eagle Rare at either.

Wait, Weller Special Reserve and Buffalo Trace are rare finds in NC? Wow, if true. You can find those everywhere in Texas.

I know a few places near me that have Eagle Rare. That's a little harder to find.

what whiskey advent calendars do you guys recommend?

Pretty sure wfudkn or whatever his name was would get the premium whisky advent calendar from masters of malt.

Just checked their website and now it looks like they can't ship to the US anymore. That really sucks

Wait, Weller Special Reserve and Buffalo Trace are rare finds in NC? Wow, if true. You can find those everywhere in Texas.

I know a few places near me that have Eagle Rare. That's a little harder to find.

Weller SR and BT are pretty hard to find in FL these days. I have only seen the Weller SR at one place around here and have never seen the other two Wellers (12 yr or OWA). Buffalo Trace pops up here and there, but some places are charging 30 plus dollars for it now. Oddly enough, a new Costco opened up in town 6 months or so ago, and they had BT for like 19 bucks. I grabbed a couple of bottles of it then, but won't spend 30 bucks for it. They haven't had it since.

Pretty sure wfudkn or whatever his name was would get the premium whisky advent calendar from masters of malt.

Just checked their website and now it looks like they can't ship to the US anymore. That really sucks

I was just coming to post my first tastes. Since Master of Malt couldn’t ship this year we found an alternate website that could (the Whiskey Shop). We did the Premium box again this year.

The first pour is the Lost Distilleries Batch 11 (104.6 pf). The thing with these is that they’re blends of now defunct distilleries. This batch has whiskies from Caperdonich, Rosebank, Imperial, Mosstowie, Glen Mhor, Glenisla, Glenlochy, Craigduff, Port Ellen and Brora, along with grain whisky from Port Dundas.

I like this a lot. It’s very sweet with lots of burnt orange and honey. Mild peat and a nice spiciness to it. Big fan. Might have to order a bottle.

Last edited:
Whiskey 2 is Ailsa Bay sweet Smoke (97.8 pf). Not a big fan of this one. It’s hella smoky on the nose. I’m not getting a ton on the palate. Maybe leather and something sweet. Also has a funk to it that I find kind of weird. I will not be seeking this one out. Nope.

Back