• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

good job defense

i left a better offensive game plan in the toilet this morning.

Me, too. Back to topic, our defense has played well enough to get us a winning season and to a bowl game this year. Our decision to try to become an option team early in the season by our coaches is biting us in the ass. Of course now the coaches can blame this losing season on the injuries that have piled up the last 2 games.

We have completely wasted an experienced defense this year.

I just can not for the life of me figure out what part of our team has consistently sucked season after season and who could possible be responsible for it?

Quote from Whitlock today:

"I think the defense did well,” Whitlock said. “You hold an opponent to 13 (points), you know you have to score some points to win.
"Not saying it’s our offense. We didn’t get any take-backs. I don’t know how well we did on third down (Syracuse converted six of 19) as a defense. We could have done more as a defense to win, but you can’t be upset with 13.”

Ha ha. Poor Nikita feels bad that the defense didn't score enough points to win.

Whitlock isn't the first defensive star to express that sentiment and he won't be the last.

Back