• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Read on the NC GOP

I think the part of the article that rang out the most for me is the burgeoning conflict between rural and urban North Carolina. There is a civil war of sorts going on that the legislature is just representative of. I don't think it's exclusive to NC, but it's definitely something I see (albeit anecdotal) whenever I go home or talk to family or others who don't live in Raleigh or Charlotte. There are some pretty hard feelings between urban and rural dwellers, I think.

I think the part of the article that rang out the most for me is the burgeoning conflict between rural and urban North Carolina. There is a civil war of sorts going on that the legislature is just representative of. I don't think it's exclusive to NC, but it's definitely something I see (albeit anecdotal) whenever I go home or talk to family or others who don't live in Raleigh or Charlotte. There are some pretty hard feelings between urban and rural dwellers, I think.

Yeah, the hicks are trying to fuck everyone in the city.

Good article. It's sad what GOP voters have done to my home state.

The undercurrent in this article is the persistent 47% believe. Several quotes in there make it clear that Pope and other Pubs don't believe Democrats own businesses, create jobs, or do any good for the economy, therefore their opinions don't matter.

Good article. It's sad what GOP voters have done to my home state.

The undercurrent in this article is the persistent 47% believe. Several quotes in there make it clear that Pope and other Pubs don't believe Democrats own businesses, create jobs, or do any good for the economy, therefore their opinions don't matter.

A good point. This attitude that dissenting opinions don't matter is troublesome.

Back