• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good restaurants in Morganton, NC?

AMCDeac

Richard Joyce
Reaction score
Wife and I are going to the mountains tomorrow (without kids) and will hit Morganton, NC, around the dinner hour. Any restaurants worth recommending in the downtown area? The brewery to restaurant ratio looks pretty solid, so we will check out some of those, too. Thanks.

Catawba Valley Brewing is there. Who needs food?

There's a Sonic out by I-40, but they recently had their access totally fucked up by the NCDOT.

Per Google it looks like Root and Vine is the only decent restaurant in the city

Per Google it looks like Root and Vine is the only decent restaurant in the city

That looks solid; their link was broken from another website so I had moved on. Followed by good beer, so the trip is shaping up. Gracias.

Fonta Flora is there as well. Great brewery with a Wake connection.

Root and Vine was excellent; will be back. Very impressed with the food quality. Didn't get a chance to hit the breweries this time but we will next time. Morganton downtown has really come a long way. It is a worthy weekend destination.

this thread is already 8 posts longer than is appropriate for that shithole of a town.

Back