• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Google Fiber

At a new complex my company is building in Raleigh (cameron village area) AT&T is bringing fiber to each unit for their U-Verse product. They are getting very aggressive with their marketing agreements and capital expenditures to lay down the infrastructure--should be some good competition now.

laying down the fiber in cities and other densely populated areas is just way too damn expensive. However the more suburban areas get it. But tearing up pavement covering cobblestone to lay wires in cities? LOL

I just pulled up a service map I found for the Balt-DC corridor and its hilarious how the dots are dispersed around the beltways but barely any inside.

But somehow South Korea, Singapore and other densely populated countries have achieved 100% broadband penetration.

But somehow South Korea, Singapore and other densely populated countries have achieved 100% broadband penetration.

You can't just look at population density in a vacuum. Ultimately, it's a business decision.

Back