• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

GOP trying to rig OH, NC and other states vote

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
http://www.gregpalast.com/look-up-your-name-on-the-crosscheck-voter-purge-list/

Over two dozen states use this program. Every state that does is Republican.

As this article shows, states use it to scrub innocent NON-DOUBLE name voters from the lists and that this practice is used primarily to purge black and other minority people from voting.

Hopefully, when Hillary is POTUS there will be a case naming these procedures unconstitutional.

It is very important to stop all of this voter fraud that RJ is supporting. Let's get some ID verification to help as well.

Let's make voting safe, legal, and rare.

troll...knowell is to trolling as Mario Mendoza is to power hitting.

Graeg Palast, really? In 2007, a columnist for the Daily Kos questioned Palast's research methods in a post entitled On Why Greg Palast is Dangerous: "He often makes fantastic claims based on his 'Sam Spade' detective work and then (along with his many devotees) complains when Mainstream media in this country do not report his stories. Legitimate journalists have a responsibility not to mislead people."

Palast also says Hillary and the DNC stole California from Bernie.

I'm all for ending Gerrymandering regardless of who started it and who ends it.

I'm all for ending Gerrymandering regardless of who started it and who ends it.

I don't know about that. Gerrymandering is an effective way to cure the mistakes of the electorate.

We don't have a lot of ways to do that so we should be careful getting rid of the few tools we do have.

Right. But how? That is the question.

No idea. Next census a group of not politicians draw new boundaries? Maybe politicians who are up for re-election don't have a say?

I don't know about that. Gerrymandering is an effective way to cure the mistakes of the electorate.

We don't have a lot of ways to do that so we should be careful getting rid of the few tools we do have.

Machiavelli fan?

One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived. Niccolo Machiavelli

Right. But how? That is the question.

How is easy. Draw compact districts by population and existing city and county lines. The one drawn by a bipartisan panel in NC is beautiful.

Last edited:
One who deceives will always find those who allow themselves to be deceived. Niccolo Machiavelli

Like people who believe that taking away voting rights of minorities is about voter fraud.

Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach is the brains behind Crosscheck. Kobach graduated first in his Government class at Harvard, earned a PhD at Oxford, and a Yale law degree. There are plenty of idiots (Palin, Gohmert, Perry, Bachmann) in the current GOP, but Kobach and Cruz aren't among them.

Back