• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Got To Love Urban Meyer

I agree it's meh, but the turning in Florida to the NCAA comment was interesting.

I already agreed with MysteryMen's comment about underage drinking.

I agree, but my comment was in regard to underage drinking on the part of student athletes in general. I thought that was obvious given MysteryMan's post that I quoted.

And while assault is certainly not a joke, it's still not fair to hold the coach responsible for something that an athlete does in a bar at 2:00 in the morning. The coach can only cooperate with local law enforcement and hand down the appropriate level of punishment from the university's perspective.

I agree with that also. Judging the coach by his/her response afterwards is.

Yeah I already said I thought the response was a joke...that said he blew a .088 so I'm not ready to vilify him that much. Suspending for more than a 3 games for that would seem pretty harsh. We have our own QBs who have done much worse in recent years

Just wrote a book on leadership. In interviews he has talked about the tough character standards he uses that sometimes costs him highly regarded recruits. Talked about how he would have dealt with the Jameis Winston situation much tougher than FSU. The guy can coach but he had around 40 players arrested when he was at Florida. Might want to stick to discussing man press vs. 2 deep coverage.

When he at UF, they talked this crap up about character all the time. My father-in-law (RIP) was a huge Gator fan. He told me that if Nukeese Richardson had gone to UF, he would not have gotten into so much trouble. He was a big time recruit that chose UT over UF. Gator fans loved Urban when he was UF and now hate him with the fire of a thousand suns. At the end of the day, it seems like 75% of these top football guys are terrible humans.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...on-felony-battery-charges-20141209-story.html

This supposed scholarship loss is a total sham. Nothing more than a PR ploy as he has that new book out now. Curious as to where this leadership was during G'Ville days when Percy Harvin beat up his positions coach and Aaron Hernandez shot at two people with a pistol (fact), drug cover ups for the Pouncey's and Haden. Tebow was the best thing that could happen to Urban's career/public persona.

This supposed scholarship loss is a total sham. Nothing more than a PR ploy as he has that new book out now. Curious as to where this leadership was during G'Ville days when Percy Harvin beat up his positions coach and Aaron Hernandez shot at two people with a pistol (fact), drug cover ups for the Pouncey's and Haden. Tebow was the best thing that could happen to Urban's career/public persona.

Tony Joiner broke into a tow lot at like 2:00 a.m. to break out his girlfriend's car and still played because...... LSU game. Carlos Dunlap was so drunk that he passed out behind the wheel of his car at a stoplight. And then of course, was Jamar Hornsby who used the credit card of the dead girlfriend of his dead teammate six months after they died for over $3,000 in charges. That program was insane.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3388268

How long was our backup QB suspended last year for driving drunk on the quad ?

If you think he's going pro, you definitely haven't been following the college football season. Last game was the first one he started all year

Mystery, that shows how little you follow football at all. JT Barrett was a Heisman contender in 2014 until he got hurt, then Cardale Jones, who hadn't played a game all year, stepped in after Barrett got hurt, and won 3 games and made himself NFL draft-worthy [those games just happened to be the Big 10 title game, the playoff semi & the national title game]. Urban Meyer had 3 great choices to start the season and made 1, Braxton Miller, a wide receiver/slot after his shoulder injury wasn't quite starter ready.

Hey TheReff, who do you think will have a Heisman trophy winner first? Charlotte or Wake Forest. I think Charlotte because Chris Leak is from Charlotte and could have won the Heisman. That kid probably wouldve come to Charlotte if the powers the be (powers that were) had let us have a football team at the time.

Mystery, that shows how little you follow football at all. JT Barrett was a Heisman contender in 2014 until he got hurt, then Cardale Jones, who hadn't played a game all year, stepped in after Barrett got hurt, and won 3 games and made himself NFL draft-worthy [those games just happened to be the Big 10 title game, the playoff semi & the national title game]. Urban Meyer had 3 great choices to start the season and made 1, Braxton Miller, a wide receiver/slot after his shoulder injury wasn't quite starter ready.

I follow college football quite closely. I was at that CFP semifinal and national championship, so you definitely don't have to tell me what happened. Ohio State's QB play has been lackluster this year and even with a lackluster Jones in front of him, Barrett didn't get the nod until like Week 7. He is not going pro this year. But if you disagree, I would be happy to put money on it

Does Barrett project to a QB in the nfl?

Hey TheReff, who do you think will have a Heisman trophy winner first? Charlotte or Wake Forest. I think Charlotte because Chris Leak is from Charlotte and could have won the Heisman. That kid probably wouldve come to Charlotte if the powers the be (powers that were) had let us have a football team at the time.

Mecklenberg CC ain't gonna have a Heisman winner.

They just said on Mike and Mike that the only team that would be favored in Vegas over Alabama (neutral field) was OSU with Barrett and without him they were I think five point dogs.

Back