• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grade our basketball players, offensively and defensively

I like Watson and am hopeful that his shot starts falling (see my comment in CMM Really? thread) but Watson has not "made a few this year". He and CMM have exactly 1 make in essentially the same number of 3 pt. attempts.

As to your first sentence... have you started talking to yourself again?:)
Watson has made several threes this year. I'll get the exact number. Talking to myself ? WTF does that mean?

Staying at the downtown Marriott for a football game, the last guy,Battle and Chldress were hosting Mfd. On Sunday while at breakfast Childress came in to the restaurant and went to the bathroom. So I time it to go introduce myself as he exits however, instead I just walk away. You could see the smoke coming out his nostrils. He was mad about something. Then a couple hours later word came out that MFD was headed to Vandy. I guess he told them no thanks. A lot of effort went down the drain.
Fuck MFD. Fuck Vandy. Who cares what they are doing. That skinny prick wouldn't be an impact player for us.

I could be misremembering, but wasn't Rondale a decent shooter in high school but against shitty competition? Other than nerves, a wide open shot is a wide open shot. CMM has never been able to hit wide open shots at any point in time, but if Rondale has a history of it then why wouldn't we think he could do it for us once he settles down and gets used to actually being in the game?

I could be misremembering, but wasn't Rondale a decent shooter in high school but against shitty competition? Other than nerves, a wide open shot is a wide open shot. CMM has never been able to hit wide open shots at any point in time, but if Rondale has a history of it then why wouldn't we think he could do it for us once he settles down and gets used to actually being in the game?

he's got a really clunky, slow release

If I remember correctly, he was a volume scorer with unimpressive percentages.

Do you remember a guy named Joe Amonett?

Sorry Townie, I missed your call out earlier.

2cshzc3.jpg

you haven't participated yet, you get no trophy

because there's a difference in speed between the HS game and college and wide open turns to contested a lot more quickly?

Jesus, he isn't shooting it underhand. There are plenty of college three point attempts where there is no defender in range, where the difference of a fractional second of release time makes zero difference at all.

:cliffs:

Every WFU fan I talk to prefers Watson over CMM. Watson is not a better shooter than CMM? LOL If you had a choice of either Watson or CMM to take a 3 pointer with your life depending on it, you would let CMM shoot it? That would be suicide. At least Watson has a nice stroke and has made a few this year. Defenses can't leave him to drop into the lane to cover our bigs.

Watson has made 1 three pointer this year I believe.

Back