• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grantland on James Franco's celebrity roast

Greg Giraldo used to be funny as hell at roasting. so is Gilbert Gottfreid.

I might have to watch that.

I generally don't find women to be that funny but Amy Schumer is a pretty good roaster.

Her show is the closest thing they've had to Chappelle since he left his show along with Key & Peele.

Jeff Ross is a one note show, but he plays that fucking note really well.

Her show is the closest thing they've had to Chappelle since he left his show along with Key & Peele.

Not a huge fan of her show, but her stand-up is very good, and the 2 roasts she did (Charlie Sheen & Roseann Barr) were amazing. She was downright abusive to Mike Tyson and Ellen Barkin. Disappointed to see she wasn't in on Franco's roast, though I'm planning to watch.

I generally don't find women to be that funny but Amy Schumer is a pretty good roaster.

Apropos this roast, she just inked a deal with Judd Apatow to do a movie. She ie really, really funny, and I expect this to be better than Bridesmaids or Girls.

I wasn't expecting much from her show based on her other work. It's very good. It will probably be better next season.

Disappointed that Jeselnik isn't one of the roasters.

Jeff Ross brought the heat.

Samberg was easily the weakest link, imo. I was expecting that kind of schtick from Jonah.

I thought it was pretty funny, and agree about Jeff Ross. Samberg was just weird. I loved watching Aziz Ansari and Bill Hader laugh.

I actually liked that Samberg took a different strategy to the roast. Also, this was classic:

"Aziz, your parents are from India and you're from South Carolina. How's it feel to have a unique perspective on being American, ya bag of shit?!"

I thought Samberg's tongue-in-cheek bit was pretty solid.

The random chick that no one knew was also pretty decent. Everyone else was kinda meh.

Back