• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Android/iphone Apps

Reaction score
So it seems like every week or so we have a thread that talks about iphone vs droid or about which new model to go with. Obviously one of the main things people get these phones for are the apps.

What Apps does everyone use and love on their phone?

Are they productive, fun, functional etc? Whats out there that the rest of us may be missing? Feel free to post for either type but I hope this doesn't turn into an iphone vs droid thread.

I have a Droid Incredible:
-Angry Birds, in all its iterations
-Forum Runner for reading the boards
-Twicca, twitter app
-Opera Mini, faster than stock browser
-Epocrates, Skyscape, Medscape, and other misc medical apps
-I have WatchESPN on it, but can't get it to work
-I've been too lazy to root it, so I'm using GO Launcher to change the look of the home screen from the normal HTC Sense motif
-PDAnet is awesome - lets you tether your phone for internet

If you're a baseball fan, MLB At Bat is by far my favorite phone app. Easily the most functional app I have. All regular season games' radio home and away, and gametracker, etc (including one free video game a day). One time, $15.00.

It has been great to me this season, especially when I can drive and listen to games on the radio. We're almost halfway through the season though.

Townie, Thats a great suggestion. I already subscribe to MLB tv since im out of market for my Phils. I watch/listen to enough games to make that 15 dollars worth it probably. I might have to look into that pretty soon. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a Droid Incredible:
-Angry Birds, in all its iterations
-Forum Runner for reading the boards
-Twicca, twitter app
-Opera Mini, faster than stock browser
-Epocrates, Skyscape, Medscape, and other misc medical apps
-I have WatchESPN on it, but can't get it to work
-I've been too lazy to root it, so I'm using GO Launcher to change the look of the home screen from the normal HTC Sense motif
-PDAnet is awesome - lets you tether your phone for internet

I just got a Charge today and need to look into a lot of these. Obviously angry birds is awesome.

I think forum runner might be something I will definitely look into as well. Reading the boards on my phone right now isn't too bad, but I spend enough time on them that anything useful would be appreciated.

words with friends
if it didn't come with your phone get the Kindle app. Love it, read all kinds of books on my phone.

If you listen to music on your phone, I'd suggest Songbird as a media player.

Bump for the holidays. Been a blackberry user for the longest time, and just entering the world of smart phones.

Got the new iPhone so tell me what to do. Apps/jailbreak/etc.

If you have an iPhone, you must get Appshopper. It tells you what's on sale and new in the app store.

I have 3 folders of games I paid nothing for. Yay, Christmas sales!

Back