• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great article about Coach Battle

EqDeac

Reaction score
East Dorset, VT/ West Palm Beach, FL/ Upperville,
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/03/04/1161411?sac=fo.sports

For many years, Jeff Battle has dutifully and gracefully handled the roles he had no choice but to assume.

The supportive husband sharing in a fight against a terrible disease.

The compassionate father assuaging a son's grief that matched his own.

The level-headed coach providing stability to a basketball program that has experienced remarkable highs and lows.

Now, in the fourth year since his wife's death, in the same year his son leaves home for college, at the end of his 11th season at Wake Forest, Jeff Battle is at a crossroads.

Whatever comes next, he will face it in a manner that's mindful of Jordan's well-being and reflecting the toughness forged in a backyard in Fayetteville.

Thanks for sharing. I'm so glad he's a representative of our university. I can't possibly imagine going through everything he has in a lifetime, no less 8 months.

Great article. And she was right, Silas Creek is the faster way to the mall. No matter how things turn out for this current staff, Battle will be missed when he leaves MSD.

Great stuff, thanks for posting. It will be a sad day when Coach Battle leaves Wake. Can't imagine what he has gone through in the past 5 years.

He's a good man who has been through a lot these past years. I wish him nothing but the best.

That was a great article. Thanks Coach Battle for all you've given us. We understand if you leave but it's OK if you don't.

He and his son worked the WFU father-son basketball camp last year. It was great to meet them both.

If the prevailing assumption that he is gone after this season turns out to be true, we will be losing a great representative of the school

Couldn't agree more. An excellent article.

Back