• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Disney Short

Was this before Wreck It Ralph? I know I saw it at some point because my girlfriend just about melted in the theater.

Yeah. It's good. Very beautiful. It's overrated at this point. It's like a greeting card commercial at the end.

Yeah. It's good. Very beautiful. It's overrated at this point. It's like a greeting card commercial at the end.

This is the most Ph post ever, in five short sentences.

I assume you disagree with my assessment?

I was asking Irish if he disagreed with my post that he quoted.

I read an article that said Paperman was the best thing Disney has done in years and a complete gamechanger in animation. I didn't think it was THAT good.

I was asking Irish if he disagreed with my post that he quoted.

I read an article that said Paperman was the best thing Disney has done in years and a complete gamechanger in animation. I didn't think it was THAT good.

I think it's good. I am not sure one article saying that it is Disney's best in years counts as it being overrated.

Not impressed. I was looking for something other than a rehashed 'magical force brings boy and girl together'. Story would have been better if the lipsticked plane was the one that made it in, instead of all that Fantasia shit.

That was just a recent example. I remember seeing similar hype before I saw it in the theater. Google it and you'll see plenty of articles like that.

Doesn't mean I don't think it's very good. Just overhyped.

I assume you disagree with my assessment?

Haven't each watched it. Just observing your HATE HATE HATE coming out, even with something you ostensibly enjoyed. I'm a hater too, so not hating here. Just observing.

Very good, although nowhere near "best thing Disney has done in years," unless "years" counts as immediately after the release of TS3 and Day & Night.

I liked it. Add this chick to the Hot Cartoon chicks list.

i liked it, but after the first encounter all i could think about was 'missed connections' on craigslist.
i also think it would have been sweeter if it was more 'natural' and less 'magical paper airplanes.'

Not impressed. I was looking for something other than a rehashed 'magical force brings boy and girl together'. Story would have been better if the lipsticked plane was the one that made it in, instead of all that Fantasia shit.
Yeah, the beginning is great but the ending is terrible.

Also BobHWS was way ahead of the curve with the Duplicate Layer effect (black and white with some color enhancement).

Good to see I wasn't alone in my assessment.

yeah, i do love the black and white with just the red lips.

I am excited that this may usher back in some "hand drawn" animation. I love the CGI, but a classic look with the strengths of CGI adds so much. It's hard to imagine CGI versions of some of the Disney classics.

Back