• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great fans

mmedeac

Reaction score
We are very lucky this year with our seats at BB and T. We have really wonderful fans sitting in our immediate vicinity. Didn't know any of them before this season but are really happy to be sharing the games with them. All ages, some alumni, some just have adopted Wake as their team. Nobody obnoxious. All seem knowledgeable about the players and the coaches. Lots of good discussion about and critiques of plays. Nobody has bailed early yet and even sitting thru the rain for the first two games was bearable bc of the comraderie. We haven't always been this lucky thru 40 years of season tickets. Go Deacs!

Last edited:
We are very lucky this year with our seats at BB and T. We have really wonderful fans sitting in our immediate vicinity. Didn't know any of them before this season but are really happy to be sharing the games with them. All ages, some alumni, some just have adopted Wake as their team. Nobody obnoxious. All seem knowledgeable about the players and the coaches. Lots of good discussion about and critiques of plays. Nobody has bailed early yet and even sitting thru the rain for the first two games was bearable bc of the comraderie. We haven't always been this lucky thru 40 years of season tickets. Go Deacs!

That's great. Now, where are your seats so I can come in and mess things up? J/K :D

What color blanket do you use on the hill?

What do you expect from football powerhouse and consistent NC state champions Wake Forest? Of course we have great fans!

One of the benefits of sitting in Section 9 is that you never really know who will be there from week-to-week. The die-hards are immediately recognizeable, but there is also some turnover as well.

This week, I had the benefit of a guy sitting behind me (not a regular) who was cheering for Army. He was one of those kinds of fans who has to comment after every play about what he noticed, and is wrong about what he says approximately 99% of the time. By the middle of the first quarter, it was all I could do not to turn around and slug the guy. He wasn't being obnoxious or loud in any way. Just wrong. Every single time. Those kinds of fans drive me crazy.

One of the benefits of sitting in Section 9 is that you never really know who will be there from week-to-week. The die-hards are immediately recognizeable, but there is also some turnover as well.

This week, I had the benefit of a guy sitting behind me (not a regular) who was cheering for Army. He was one of those kinds of fans who has to comment after every play about what he noticed, and is wrong about what he says approximately 99% of the time. By the middle of the first quarter, it was all I could do not to turn around and slug the guy. He wasn't being obnoxious or loud in any way. Just wrong. Every single time. Those kinds of fans drive me crazy.

I'll bet he thought the Army mule was a horse.

Nobody complains about my critiques in the stands. Only thin-skinned message board Grobelemmings seem to mind. Of course, they never actually ATTEND games. Therefore, they have fewer rights than I to comment on the sad state of this program.

Nobody complains about my critiques in the stands. Only thin-skinned message board Grobelemmings seem to mind. Of course, they never actually ATTEND games. Therefore, they have fewer rights than I to comment on the sad state of this program.

Interesting, guess the other students are too drunk to care.

Isn't there a rule about having 5+ red bars and being outed as a parody/alias?

My use of a proxy is not that nefarious. It is a requirement where I work. I don't post from behind one at home. I have nothing to hide and I've never been on this board under a different username. Mods? Have you ever linked me to another userid?

I didn't think so.

Back