• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great Movies That Have Aged Poorly

dumb clickbait

this is an example of why braveheart is on this :

"According to this video, there are at least three seemingly minor, but honestly absurd, production errors that, once you see them, you can't see the movie the same way again. There's a dude sporting a baseball hat in the background of one scene. A humongous battle scene takes a backseat to a car just milling about in the background. And yet another battle scene features one of William Wallace's men, front-and-center, berserker rage at Mach 20, wielding a wobbly, plastic axe the director's intern probably found at Party City that morning.

and Fast and the Furious not holding up? it's a movie about street racing and cars, not citizen kane

uhhh, blazing saddles?

Just "pretty good" for me. We had a thread about comedies like that and the consensus among people my age (31) and younger was that the movies are fine/funny-ish but not HILARIOUS like older people think.

The Net was a guilty pleasure movie back in the day.

Just "pretty good" for me. We had a thread about comedies like that and the consensus among people my age (31) and younger was that the movies are fine/funny-ish but not HILARIOUS like older people think.

Non-anonymous negrep incoming.

I must admit that I found Revenge of the Nerds while channel surfing a few months ago, and it really is cringe-worthy.

Yep. Doesn't hold up (and I'm 40) -- and not for the reasons in that horrible linked article.

Last edited:
I must admit that I found Revenge of the Nerds while channel surfing a few months ago, and it really is cringe-worthy.
I think the line is somewhere around 1982. Porkys, Police Academy, Revenge of the Nerds don't hold up, but Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Caddy Shack are still great. I'm also not a huge fan of Space Balls.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I think the line is somewhere around 1982. Porkys, Police Academy, Revenge of the Nerds don't hold up, but Blazing Saddles, Animal House, Caddy Shack are still great. I'm also not a huge fan of Space Balls.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I don't think it is date-based, personally -- of the movies you mentioned, I think Nerds, Animal House and Caddy Shack hold up, and Blazing Saddles, Porky's and Police Academy don't.

I'm surprised Ishtar, Operation Dumbo Drop and Pluto Nash weren't on that list of "great movies".

I don't think it is date-based, personally -- of the movies you mentioned, I think Nerds, Animal House and Caddy Shack hold up, and Blazing Saddles, Porky's and Police Academy don't.

I think the original PA does. I'd say Stripes does as well.

I'm not a Yuge Star Wars fella, I appreciate it. Haven't seen all the recent ones, but that original one is p great. Has any movie aged non poorly as well as that?

Not sure how to parse that text, but The Last Starfighter is a sci-if movie that didn't age well.

Back