• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great quote from Bobby Knight..

djev336

Reaction score
"All of us learn to write in the second grade. Most of us go on to greater things."

"I'm relevant to college basketball"

-circa 1988

Yeah, disparaging writing...what brilliance

disparaging a coach that has been dealt duece 3 off suit with the short stack at the table by forming a new message board is quite pathetic. im all for discussing wake sports. freely. thats why i offer my views. It's just ludicrous that i've become a villain on this board because i come with positive thoughts and facts that support my views that suggest the past 2 seasons aren't all bz's fault.

disparaging a coach that has been dealt duece 3 off suit with the short stack at the table by forming a new message board is quite pathetic. im all for discussing wake sports. freely. thats why i offer my views. It's just ludicrous that i've become a villain on this board because i come with positive thoughts and facts that support my views that suggest the past 2 seasons aren't all bz's fault.

Nobody thinks you are a villain. Positivity is a breath of fresh air. I think everyone knows that the calvary is coming next year. It better be or Wellman will be forced to give Bzz his walking papers. Bzz needs to get to .500 in the conference and the NIT at a minimum I would think. Do you disagree?

BTW, Did you ever reveal yourself like you promised you would?

It's just ludicrous that i've become a villain on this board because i come with positive thoughts and facts that support my views that suggest the past 2 seasons aren't all bz's fault.

I don't believe anyone has suggested that it is all Bzz's fault. Plenty have suggested that Bzz is the weakest link and should be held most responsible due to his position as CEO of Wake basketball.

You are not a villain - you just regurgitated the same argument that has been going on for months with no new information besides "the players suck" - that isn't really facts. Facts are he inherited a team with the 4th and 5th leading scorers returning and a incoming class ranked in the top 30 in the nation. The fact that multiple players have transferred and others haven't lived up to their expectations is not support for Buzz.

You say it is a bad hand, others say he made the bad hand. Your problem is have no real "facts" and just claim the players are bad - and don't point to anything that shows Buzz has done anything positive.

You are not a villain - you just regurgitated the same argument that has been going on for months with no new information besides "the players suck" - that isn't really facts. Facts are he inherited a team with the 4th and 5th leading scorers returning and a incoming class ranked in the top 30 in the nation. The fact that multiple players have transferred and others haven't lived up to their expectations is not support for Buzz.

You say it is a bad hand, others say he made the bad hand. Your problem is have no real "facts" and just claim the players are bad - and don't point to anything that shows Buzz has done anything positive.

I agree with you. I just find it hard to believe that all of this falls on 1 man. From the way I look at it, to use a corporate comparison, Bz coming to Wake is kinda like how an employee with no insider knowledge of Enron just got a job at Enron and in the first month or two of his job the company imploded. It wasn't the new guy on the job's fault that Enron went down. The new guy walked into what looked to be a great situation with a promising salary and stock options. The promise for bz was the supposed returning players and a promising class. We all know how that worked out...

I agree with you. I just find it hard to believe that all of this falls on 1 man. From the way I look at it, to use a corporate comparison, Bz coming to Wake is kinda like how an employee with no insider knowledge of Enron just got a job at Enron and in the first month or two of his job the company imploded. It wasn't the new guy on the job's fault that Enron went down. The new guy walked into what looked to be a great situation with a promising salary and stock options. The promise for bz was the supposed returning players and a promising class. We all know how that worked out...

So, Wellman is Jeff Skilling and Hatch is Kenneth Lay? Correct?

Anyone looking at Wake's players can see why they were not going to do so well. No experience is a fact. Very little athleticism on the team is a fact. There are reasons why the players weren't good. It's not that hard to see an athletes limitations, especially a team as deficient and void of talent as Wake has been. There are indicators as to why players struggle. Those indicators are talent based and are facts.

Who walks into position as CEO without any knowledge? Further, who gets hired as CEO without any background to show he's fit for said job?

I think you are going a little too far if you are trying to say Buzz had nothing to do with the situation we are in. New coaches always cause growing pains, Ari and JTT leaving are directly tied to him. Losing to Stetson is directly tied to him. Woods was an unfortunate incident. Tabb & Walker? You can debate if what happened to them would have still happened under a different coach - but give Buzz the benefit and say these two would have gone this way no matter what.

No one here thinks Buzz is completely to blame - but he is definitely a main culprit - especially when you see Georgia Tech and BC winning multiple ACC games this year with teams that are as bad or worse than ours last year.

Who walks into position as CEO without any knowledge? Further, who gets hired as CEO without any background to show he's fit for said job?

To continue, who walks into a role as CEO with multiple executive level openings to hire out of the gate and doesn't have anyone to bring with him?

Anyone looking at Wake's players can see why they were not going to do so well. No experience is a fact. Very little athleticism on the team is a fact. There are reasons why the players weren't good. It's not that hard to see an athletes limitations, especially a team as deficient and void of talent as Wake has been. There are indicators as to why players struggle. Those indicators are talent based and are facts.

In Buzz's first year, we beat Virginia. I would argue, and have, that our team last year was as good, if not better, than that team minus Mike Scott. They went 7-9 in the ACC.

For whomever made that tag: You obviously don't know very much about me.....because you have never, ever....and you will never, ever...hear me referring to him as "Bobby". Anyone who respects Bob Knight will never refer to him as "Bobby". I've mentioned this several times on these threads. You call him "Coach Knight" or "Bob Knight"......but never "Bobby Knight". The thread title was a dead giveaway that this is not me. (Not that I would ever engage in such bullshit tactics as using a parody, anyway. If I have anything I want to say, you can be sure that I don't mind anyone knowing that I said it.)

You know... except for that time when you went around deleting all your posts...

Back