• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greatest asshole of all time?

most hateable sports figure ever?

• Terrell Owens

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Bob Knight

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Rasheed Wallace

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Latrell Spreewell

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • John Rocker

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Alex Rodriguez

Votes: 12 7.5%
  • Coach K/Roy Williams/Dean Smith

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Tonya Harding

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Ron Wellman/Jeff [Redacted]

Votes: 57 35.6%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
All (except Rocker, maybe) achieved some high level of success except for one...

Might've voted for Coach Relationships, but Roy and Deano were included on the same selection and don't belong on the list. And Lance Armstrong definitely belongs on the list. Thought about Knight but went with Wellman/Buzzdick.

lol, who hates Spree?

by what factor do people hate Kobe more than Latrell Sprewell? 10x? 50x? 100x?

Spree choked his coach and had the infamous comment about needing to feed his kids when he turned down $7-8 million a year contract. 10 years ago he would have gotten more votes, much like Tonya Harding would have gotten more votes 20 years ago.

ETA: somebody tagged Hope Solo. If he was more well known, her husband Jerramy Stephens would be on the list. Such a scumball.

Last edited:
Putting the Wake clowns on here skews the poll. I also would've added Bonds to the list.

Spree choked his coach and had the infamous comment about needing to feed his kids when he turned down $7-8 million a year contract. 10 years ago he would have gotten more votes, much like Tonya Harding would have gotten more votes 20 years ago.

ETA: somebody tagged Hope Solo. If he was more well known, her husband Jerramy Stephens would be on the list. Such a scumball.

I mean, Kobe raped a girl.

A Google search for "I hate Kobe Bryant" yields 662,000 results. A Google search for "I hate Latrell Sprewell" yields 45.

Cases can be made for Kobe and Spree. Kobe is more current. Kobe has also been named the NBA's most popular player in an ESPN poll 5 of the last 7 years, so despite having tons of haters, like Tiger, he has lots of fans.

Spree was accused of strangling a girl he was having sex with.

Why is Sheed on here? That dude was the best.

BALL DON'T LIE!

My no-particular-order Top 10:

T.O.
Bob Knight
A-Rod
Kobe
Coach K
Lance Armstrong
Serena Williams
J.J. Redick
Brett Favre
George Steinbrenner

And J.J. would probably get my vote for #1. I mean he pretty much set the standard for hate while at Duke.

#haterade

I always liked PJ, and couldn't imagine any situation where he would drive a person to physical violence. Those are the two reasons I voted Spreewell.

Last edited:
Just the ones I have met that qualify are Pete Rose, Brett Favre, George Steinbrenner and John Elway.

Back