• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greece: Too Big To Fail?

This. Put them on a 5 year austerity plan. If they don't follow the conditions, get them off the euro over the next 5 years.

Red letter day... I agree with PhD. And I nominate him to explain it to the unions over there... good luck with that.

Red letter day... I agree with PhD. And I nominate him to explain it to the unions over there... good luck with that.

I fully support everybody sacrificing for the greater good.

I assume that means you support across the board tax increases here.

As long as they don't cripple the poor, sure.

Perhaps. Everybody in Europe is scared above all of a chain reaction with Portugal, Spain and Ireland following a Greek collapse. That would be a disaster.

Add Germany, which is heavily invested in Spain. And abandoning nuclear energy for some idiot reason.

I fully support everybody sacrificing for the greater good.

Me too. I'm kicking in 33% to big Gov. I think a flat tax of 33% would be more than fair. Think of the incentive to better yourself when you're making $30k a year and $10K goes to Uncle Sam. That's tough love.

You guys do realize the #1 barrier to ending specific deductions and loopholes is the business community don't you?

This. Put them on a 5 year austerity plan. If they don't follow the conditions, get them off the euro over the next 5 years.

Something needs to be done, for sure, but the Greeks themselves are not the only ones at fault here. The eurocrats in Brussels are just as guilty for pushing their "One United Europe" wet dream to countries like Greece, Italy, and Portugal who probably never really qualified for the EMU to begin with.

Now those countries are in a bad way and they can't devalue their currency to help get out. They're stuck. The UK is looking smarter all the time.

Something needs to be done, for sure, but the Greeks themselves are not the only ones at fault here. The eurocrats in Brussels are just as guilty for pushing their "One United Europe" wet dream to countries like Greece, Italy, and Portugal who probably never really qualified for the EMU to begin with.

Now those countries are in a bad way and they can't devalue their currency to help get out. They're stuck. The UK is looking smarter all the time.

Oh yeah. I'm trying to remember what the supposed benefits of expansion were. Seems like people forget that you're only as strong as your weakest links. Same is true whether you're talking about the European Union or the ACC.

Back