• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Greg Brannon - First "R" to announce 2014 Senate Run (Hagen seat)

fuheel

Reaction score
A Cary obstetrician formally threw his hat into the ring for the U.S. Senate this week, saying he’ll vie for the Republican nomination to face U.S. Sen. Kay Hagan in 2014.

Dr. Greg Brannon, who has been working the Tea Party circuit as a speaker in recent years, travelled the state to announce his candidacy this week and included a stop at Starmount Forest Country Club in Greensboro.

He has promised a hard line on taxes and spending, and he bills himself as a “constitutional conservative” who believes the United States must “take immediate action to restore our founding principles if we are to preserve the promise of this great nation.”

In fact, on Brannon’s campaign website, under the headings “my job description,” “my mission” and “my oath,” he has simply pasted in sections of the U.S. Constitution and Declaration of Independence.

Brannon is president of Founder’s Truth, a platform he used in recent years to speak to and network with Tea Party groups around the state, as well as more mainstream Republicans, Brannon campaign manager Reilly O’Neal said. Founder’s Truth has been de-activated, though, as Brannon transitions into the Senate campaign, O’Neal said.

http://www.news-record.com/home/833092-63/2014-senate-race-on-republican

I am always confused as to what "founding principles" we need to restore. Standing militia? No strong federal government? Eliminate virtually all departments at the federal and state level?

I'm always confused when people talk about "founding principles" and the Constitution like they're the same thing. We've made significant additions to the Constitutions since it was written (well after the nation was founded, by the way).

Probably still a better choice than Virginia Foxxxxxxxx

When is the Tea Party just going to decide they're not Republican's anymore?

Renee Ellmers is going to be the Republican nominee. All the men will cancel each other out and Renee will be left standing. She makes Sarah Palin look smart.

Got to say it before another does.

fuheel and Phd are "always confused"

Well that's something she can brag about to her friends.

At least we'll have a member of Congress whose business it actually is being in women's wombs.

Back