• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grier to WFU?

I'm all in favor of recruiting him here, so long as he has two full years to play. We still don't have a slam dunk at QB in the fold to my knowledge, and getting a highly ranked guy like this would be a godsend. I'm comfortable with whatever Clawson does here.

Rumor is that Will Grier is deciding which school he will transfer to and it's between Arkansas, State, ECU, and Wake. If he comes he would not be eligible until the end of October because of his current 1 year suspension for PED use. If he does come what in the world will happen to our already mess of a QB situation, or do you think Wellman/Clawson would not even want him because of his suspension?

WF is certainly a far different college experience than the other 3.

Hinton wouldn't be happy. I think it would be wrong to take him with Hinton, Kearns and Newman as sophomore, freshman and red shirting freshman.

Hinton wouldn't be happy. I think it would be wrong to take him with Hinton, Kearns and Newman as sophomore, freshman and red shirting freshman.

Wait - you think we should wait until Hinton is a senior to bring in more QBs? Sounds like a good plan.

UF says they'll release him to any other school he'd like to attend. So the SEC is definitely still a possibility.

Sounds like there were specific releases they already signed.

For an example of a QB leaving UF to go to another SEC program... Cam Newton.

UF says they'll release him to any other school he'd like to attend. So the SEC is definitely still a possibility.

Sounds like there were specific releases they already signed.

For an example of a QB leaving UF to go to another SEC program... Cam Newton.

Eh, difference is that Cam spent a year at a JuCo before going to Auburn. Sounds like this guy just wants to land at his next FBS school.

Yeah, let's pimp ourselves for a drug abusing hoodlum that won't make a damn difference anyway. Clawson can't win at Wake Forest, nobody can win at Wake Forest. What Jim Grobe did was lightning in a bottle and won't ever be duplicated. Anybody that thinks it will is stupid and on drugs.

To bad you can't experience the joy of hope.

This is the correct answer. Ol' stick-up-his-ass Ronnie (aka fun police) ain't about to let this happen. It's all about culture.

Ain't that the truth. Saw him walking around the court before the UNC-G game, looking around to make sure nothing un cultural was going on.

Ain't that the truth. Saw him walking around the court before the UNC-G game, looking around to make sure nothing un cultural was going on.

what did this young man do that got him suspended by NCAA?

Saw some Twitter tumors that it wasn't his decision to transfer and he wasn't entirely forthright about what he took.

I believe WG will transfer to either UNC, Duke, or Wake. Guy had Florida beginning to click and had them fringe playoff contenders. He was starting really round out. Rumors in G'Ville are that after getting busted with PED's (he lied to school officials...these weren't the OTC ones as reported), he then got busted doing blow and completely unraveled and was sent off to rehab.

Back