• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Bobbleheads?

RollTheQuad06

rolling quads since 2002
Reaction score
Has anyone heard lately about the progress of the Jim Grobe bobbleheads we were supposed to get last year for ordering our 2010 season tickets by priority deadline?

Last I heard the first batch was unacceptable quality.

Wonder if we'll have them for this year...

They decided to redo them with Bearded Grobe for the upcoming campaign.

The GET BIG YOU HAIRY DEACS Campaign recently released this image of the upcoming Bearded Grobe bobblehead:

2dioc5x.jpg

Growth of Extra Thick Beard Is Grobe's waY Of Ushering in a Hugely Awesome, Inspirational, Radical Year. Don't Even Arrive Clean Shaven.

The Campaign initiated a poll asking whether Grobe should grow a beard. The response was overwhelming. Yes, Grobe should grow a beard.

The Campaign prepared a FAQ regarding Grobe's beard and provided occasional updates each time the Campaign or local law enforcement officers received reports of Bearded Grobe sightings, which was admittedly infrequent given Grobe's location, deep in the forests of western North Carolina.

Of course, these posts are now, tragically, lost in the DeaconSports internet ether.

The GET BIG YOU HAIRY DEACS Campaign recently released this image of the upcoming Bearded Grobe bobblehead:

2dioc5x.jpg

Growth of Extra Thick Beard Is Grobe's waY Of Ushering in a Hugely Awesome, Inspirational, Radical Year. Don't Even Arrive Clean Shaven.

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

I got a call from the Deacon Club today that the bobbleheads should be shipped by August... lots of apologizing too.

dead thread bump.

Probably everyone else got theirs already and/or forgot about it, but I finally picked up my bobblehead from Bridger yesterday. I had some tickets at will call and the great folks at the ticket office went and got this from marketing for me.

8056574792_c22d1b5fa1_z.jpg

Either way, it doesn't look like Grobe.

The Skip bobbleheads at least had some resemblance to him.

Back