• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Grobe Optimistic About Davis & James @ WR

http://m.journalnow.com/winston/db_16550/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=bNtmOgDc

I also saw Jackson @ practice this week. Much bigger...unless roster #s.are off...had helmets on too so couldnt see faces. Steve Dontenella (sp) is one slim dude....now @ OLB.

Thanks 80. Good to see the camraderie developed between Price and Davis... It will be very good for their timing. If I thought Davis lacked anything last season it was Price's timing. Tanner had a number of guys to gel with and it seemed as if TD was just behind Dembry who was behind Camp who was behind Givens. A number of deep outs were thrown over TD's head or undershot. There is considerable one on one film of Terrence going head to head against All-American's Greg Reid and NCSU's Dave Amerson. He consistently whips both guys.I can tell you with certainty that these guys (Greg's gone) hate going up against Terrence. He is "Fluid-Fast" and it seems like he is gliding as he runs away from you... a legit 4.4 speed guy with the body control of a bigger possession guy. This year when he runs that deep out Tanner is going to put it on the numbers.

Deep outs require time for the play to develop. That could be problematic.

Deep outs require time for the play to develop. That could be problematic.

Look...enough with this... We led the ACC in sacks allowed in 2011.

Pick your head up. Look at what Phdeac said on the other thread...ill-gotten gains in my book as the new OL coach played his chip and the gods of football delivered a verdict. (you will have to read between lines as I am not calling anybody by name). Adversity has to be faced early in great seasons...other teams may fold toward the end when the time is most critical. We lost Mauk and put in a kid with 2 last minute scholarship offers and he ran the show with a converted WR playing tailback. These guys have their backs against the wall and everybody is questioning their ability...thats not always a bad thing.

So...

it is the time for Redshirt Juniors to stand up... We are a 'classic' example of a school that has had to say "wait and ask me in 3 years" on signing day. Now is the time for top flight athletes like Devin Bolling and Kris Redding to step up on the respective line.... Devin nor Steve would have been responsible for the left-handers blind side...that falls to Summers.

Bolling is being called out...its his time. The guy was not offered a full ride at Virginia Tech because he's a bum. No, he was offered because their coaches and ours could see the athletic ability and how it might translate in 3 plus years.

A RS FR. like Hunter Goodwin (decorated Crab Bowl player who was the best OL in that game --according to Newberg) has a power-base and feet to play backup. Don't ask him to start... but every school in the country has rs Frosh backing up their lines. Hunter is a more polished player that Devin was coming out of h.s. so you can ask him to give some fresh minutes. Same is true for Intemann and Preble...these guys did not get offers from NCSU,GT,UNC and the likes of Missouri because those schools like to piss away scholarship monies.

With the current losses we still have more God-Given ability on the OL than at any time in Grobe's tenure. Sure, I UNDERSTAND..."they have not done it yet, and 'potential' is just a fancy way of saying that".

Anyway, when the season gets underway we will see...there will be gelling and chemistry issues to resolve but lets get excited for the Antonio Ford era, for Colin Summers and hell yes, Frank fuggin Sousa!

By mid-season I expect to hear the voices of enlightened Deacon-thinking to be heard in unison "well golly,I never knew these guys could actually play football, Elmer!?"

Look...enough with this... We led the ACC in sacks allowed in 2011.

Pick your head up. Look at what Phdeac said on the other thread...ill-gotten gains in my book as the new OL coach played his chip and the gods of football delivered a verdict. (you will have to read between lines as I am not calling anybody by name). Adversity has to be faced early in great seasons...other teams may fold toward the end when the time is most critical. We lost Mauk and put in a kid with 2 last minute scholarship offers and he ran the show with a converted WR playing tailback. These guys have their backs against the wall and everybody is questioning their ability...thats not always a bad thing.

So...

it is the time for Redshirt Juniors to stand up... We are a 'classic' example of a school that has had to say "wait and ask me in 3 years" on signing day. Now is the time for top flight athletes like Devin Bolling and Kris Redding to step up on the respective line.... Devin nor Steve would have been responsible for the left-handers blind side...that falls to Summers.

Bolling is being called out...its his time. The guy was not offered a full ride at Virginia Tech because he's a bum. No, he was offered because their coaches and ours could see the athletic ability and how it might translate in 3 plus years.

A RS FR. like Hunter Goodwin (decorated Crab Bowl player who was the best OL in that game --according to Newberg) has a power-base and feet to play backup. Don't ask him to start... but every school in the country has rs Frosh backing up their lines. Hunter is a more polished player that Devin was coming out of h.s. so you can ask him to give some fresh minutes. Same is true for Intemann and Preble...these guys did not get offers from NCSU,GT,UNC and the likes of Missouri because those schools like to piss away scholarship monies.

With the current losses we still have more God-Given ability on the OL than at any time in Grobe's tenure. Sure, I UNDERSTAND..."they have not done it yet, and 'potential' is just a fancy way of saying that".

Anyway, when the season gets underway we will see...there will be gelling and chemistry issues to resolve but lets get excited for the Antonio Ford era, for Colin Summers and hell yes, Frank fuggin Sousa!

By mid-season I expect to hear the voices of enlightened Deacon-thinking to be heard in unison "well golly,I never knew these guys could actually play football, Elmer!?"

This quote from Phdeac? "Sounds like karmic justice for a guy [Chase] who was kicked off the team supposedly for good only a few weeks ago. Hard to say anything has really changed."

I wish I had Lectro's optimism. Not just for football but life in general.

I wish I had Lectro's optimism. Not just for football but life in general.

Look, I follow this because the hard realities of long term treasury debt scares the hell out of me.

WF Football, college fb in general provides escape for me.

Look, I follow this because the hard realities of long term treasury debt scares the hell out of me. ................

And you seem to have a great depth of knowledge about football. Amazes me. Keep it up and post on the old board sometimes too.

And you seem to have a great depth of knowledge about football. Amazes me. Keep it up and post on the old board sometimes too.

Well, I would but the none too moderate moderators have me on perma-frost over there...and so I toil in this virtual Siberia.

Well, I would but the none too moderate moderators have me on perma-frost over there...and so I toil in this virtual Siberia.

Maybe global warming with help thaw things out..............

[/B]

Maybe global warming with help thaw things out..............

You would think...whatwith the voluminous output of carbon emissions emanating from that sight that we'd have already seen a dramatic spike in temperature. Alas, all the sound and fury has produced thus far has signified no discernable change.

Do tell the lads, ral, that ol' Lec will behave and cease from pulling out his canon and blowing heads off (truly there has never been another poster so adept at delivering a game ending string of vile invective:) ).

I will, as the ginger-bread man commands, "Be Goooood"...

Last edited:
Do tell the lads, ral, that ol' Lec will behave and cease from pulling out his canon and blowing heads off (truly there has never been another poster so adept at delivering a game ending string of vile invective:) ).

Comments of your pledge forwarded. Hoping it will work out.

........but this isn't as much as it used to be

I also saw Jackson @ practice this week. Much bigger...unless roster #s.are off...had helmets on too so couldnt see faces. Steve Dontenella (sp) is one slim dude....now @ OLB.[/QUOTE]

Justin Jackson is still #39. He weighs 230 lbs.

What do you as in the future for Donatello, Lectro?

What do you as in the future for Donatello, Lectro?

I see him joining three other musketeers and forming perhaps the top LB'ing crew in the ACC...

Kevis -- Teddy -- Chubba-wubba and Stevie... all for one and...

Back